Some Excerpts from 1871, Medical Common Sense & Plain Home Talk by Edward B. Foote, M.D.
- The human machinery becomes clogged with poisonous humors.
- As a female germ can not produce a child without the addition of a male germ, so there latent impure particles in the blood can not generate disease without meeting their affinitive poison.
- Theses latent impurities, like the spoor of a minute plant buried far underground, must be of the right quality to unite with and engender specific diseases, or a person, however exposed, will escape.
- Free circulation of vital or nervous electricity, and unruffled mind, and good blood are essential to health.
- Leading us to the irresistible conclusion that the first duty of a physician to a patient is to see that his nervous system is set right, his mind emancipated from all depressing influences, and his blood restored to that condition which enables it to impart the tint of health to the skin, strength to the muscle, and abundant juices to all the tissues.
Gail’s Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Your Tisane of Smart:
“Launch Pad, the annual astronomy workshop for writers is accepting applications until March 15th for this summer, July 14-21. Joe Haldeman and Phil Plait of badastronomy.com are the special guest instructors. NASA picks up travel, lodging, and most expenses in return for the chance to bring modern astronomy to the audiences of the writers. See Mike Brotherton and the official Launch Pad website for more information.
Someday I would love to go to this, great research for CAKE in Space, but not this year . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Locus is taking their annual survey on SF/F readers. You can take it whether you subscribe or not.
CAKE in Space: First draft with beta 1.
Soulless: Waiting on galleys, got cover art.
Changeless: Back with editor
Quote of the Day:
“I can’t help but to write, I have a inner need for it. If I’m not in the middle of some literary project, I’m utterly lost, unhappy and distressed. As soon as I get started, I calm down.”
~ Kaari Utrio