Some Things I Love About Writing
- Editing ~ no really, it’s my favorite part
- Ellipses ~ nuff said
- The Oxford comma ~ beautiful, elegant, tidy, and necessary
- Action scenes & snappy dialogue
- Being god
Some Things I Hate About Writing
- Double-spaced formatting ~ never type it, hate converting it, not enough information on the screen at one time
- Double spaces after a period ~ just annoying
- The semi colon ~ it’s not its fault that no one knows how to apply it (speaking of it’s & its…)
- Nookie scenes & romance
- Realizing that god makes far too many consistency errors
Gail’s Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Your Tisane of Smart:
Scotland yard testing new police headcams, burst into flames. “We’re not against it,” said Smyth. “But a couple of them have caught fire, which isn’t ideal.” Gotta love that British gift for understatement.
Your Writerly Tinctures:
All about character naming via the smartbitches . Those who know me well know that this is an aspect of writing that runs very close to my heart. These days I simply will not read books with boring character names, I figure the author lacks imagination.
CAKE in Space: With agent.
Soulless: More librarian compliments to make me blush.
Changeless: working on corrected draft for copyedit. Release date currently April 2010.
Blameless rough draft: That’s my minimum met, but the story itself isn’t quite done yet, so I’m still plugging away.
Quote of the Day:
“Life is what happens to a writer between drafts.”
~ Dennis R. Miller