In case you think that tittle is all lies, I actually love sauerkraut. Love eeeet! Now, where was , oh yes, a blog entry . . .
I have an informal Frankfurt meet up scheduled at the Fox and Hound Pub on Tuesday October 11, 2011 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM. Feel free to stop by if you are near, get a book signed or just say hello.
Reminders . . .
I have manged to drop two e-short stories to keep you entertained while you wait for Timeless.
Marine Biology is the most recent short story I sold to a professional market. It’s a funny male/male paranormal romance set in contemporary times.
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords (all other formats & countries)
Retro Rack is up and running. If I post anything from Germany, it’ll be there.
Here’s a selection of reviews, interviews, fan art, and other tidbits for while I am away . . .
* At WorldCon 2011 video interview, talking with Rome of SFBC about world building and the hardback omnibus edition of the Parasol Protectorate (Soulless, Changeless, Blameless) out now.
* In which I am interviewed in print . . .
* My unexpected appearance overseas in the Singapore Times.
* Nerds in Babeland reviews Soulless. “Overall, I was very happy at the end of the book. It can be read as a standalone, the story wrapping up without having to impatiently wait for the next in the series.”
* Fiction State of Mind reviews Changeless. “It’s also a joy to see such well developed female characters. Have I mentioned the humor yet? Alexia’s deadpan observations and comments are rife with laugh out loud moments and the addition of her best friend Ivy and her sister Felicity provide ample comedic relief.”
* Fiction State of Mind reviews Blameless.
* Love Vampires reviews Heartless.
* Parasol Protectorate feature in a Polish magazine.
* A reader does a Fantasy casting of Soulless.
Find my character studies on my website including some of my favorite choices for actors and actresses.
* Some fan art!
Lord Maccon and Professor Lyall by Rebecca Nandi
I hope you all have a lovely mid October. In my normal neck of the woods this means rain, which I love ~ it’s an elegant excuse for staying in doors and writing! Expect me back online the week of October 18th.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Timeless: Galleys done, Timeless now in production. The release date on Amazon has been corrected.
Etiquette & Espionage: Handed in second pass edits. Release date Fall 2012.
The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Prudence floats!
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON’T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven’t read the other books first!
Into the Hall of Books reviews Soulless and says, ” It took me a couple of days to get into this book because of the way Miss Alexia Tarabotti speaks. She is quite the proper Englishwoman, after all. But once I got used to it, I fell in love with Soulless and devoured it.”
Quote of the Day:
“It is just as well to furnish oneself on these occasions with one’s own tea and coffee, which should be packed in airtight tins. The decoctions supplied to one under the names of the these useful and everyday articles are sometimes really too awful to describe, and the trouble of carrying about one’s own supply will well repay itself.”
~ Lillias Campbell Davidson, Hints to Lady Travellers 1889