When ever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown…
2. Friends, Fans, Family & Frolicking
Me & my characters (as protrayed by three of my wonderful friends at my Soulless launch party in 2009)
Two of my most charming and faithful readers, the lovely Michael and John
The Mum and her carrots
3. Human Genius
Alberto, the colonial period bull I got to work with in Peru
Machu Picchu as seen through the vines from when I visited
Iznik pottery, some of the most skilled pottery design in the history of the world
(I pilgrimage to see this one in the British Museum every time I visit London)
The stunning public library in Stockholm
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
1888 Umbrella The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Adorable Victorians, via Facebook
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
PROJECT ROUND UP
Waistcoats & Weaponry ~ The Finishing School Book the Third: Fifth draft out to Beta number 4. Things are looking up.
Etiquette & Espionage ~ trade paperback available in the US October 13, 2013.
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Release date Nov. 5, 2013.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 3: (AKA Blameless) Available serialized through YenPlus. Print edition Nov. 19 2013.
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Delayed. Why? Begin rewrite in 2014.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON’T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven’t read the other books first!
The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.
The manga editions available in print.
Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!
The first Finishing School book ~ OUT NOW, The second Finishing School book ~ Nov. 5, 2013
Etiquette & Espionage reviews:
- Winged Frog Book Review says, “Gail Carriger…has single-handedly restored my faith in young adult.”
- The Quiet Concert says, “FUN. Is literally the best way I have to describe this book.”
- The Writings of AD Warr says, “The book is littered with Gail’s trademark humour and you can easily imagine the main characters from both series getting along famously…Another one to add to the pile of books I’d shove in the direction of a teenage child if I had one.”
- The Inky Bumblebee says, “This is the second – possibly third – time I’ve read this now as it’s still just as entertaining as the first time I read it. There’s a few books that you can only ever really read once; this isn’t one of them.”
- The Adventures of Celia Bedelia says, “Sophronia makes Etiquette & Espionage worth reading because her inquisitiveness, cunning and dismissal of scruples lead to one scrape after another.”
Quote of the Day:
“Phaeton, the son of Apollo, who asked the guidance of his father’s chariot as a proof of his divine descent, but managed it so ill that he set the world on fire.”
~ Mangnall’s Questions, 1830