Oct312014

Both?

or

Neither?

Find out Tuesday!

Waistcoats & Weaponry

November 4, 2014

“You’re a wonderful dancer, Ria.”
“Mademoiselle Geraldine’s takes such things seriously.”
“Ah. And how many ways do you know to kill me, while we dance?”
“Only two, but give me time.”
“You have lovely eyes. Has anyone ever told you that?”
“What rot. They are a muddy green. What are you about, Lord Mersey?”
Felix sighed, looking genuinely perturbed. His air of ennui was shaken. “I am trying to court you. Truth be told, Miss Temminnick, you make it ruddy difficult!”
“Language, Lord Mersey.” Sophronia felt her heart flutter strangely. Am I ready to be courted?
“See!”
― Gail Carriger, Curtsies & Conspiracies

“So, did you hold back during that test?”
“Maybe a little,” Sophronia admitted.
Soap grinned. “That’s my girl.”
Sophronia glared at him. He was getting familiar.
“You are, miss.” He continued to grin.
“I’m my own girl, thank you very much.”
― Gail Carriger, Curtsies & Conspiracies

arsenicinshell:
Come Away With Me by KateBloomfield

{What is Gail’s Book Group reading for November? Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger}

GAIL’S DAILY DOSE

Your Moment of Parasol . . .

Your Infusion of Cute . . .

Your Tisane of Smart . . .

My balloon pumpkin this year

Your Writerly Tinctures . . .

Contest packaging up for the winners

PROJECT ROUND UP

Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last Releases November 2015. Not yet available for pre-order. Edits stage.

Prudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the First Release date March 17, 2015 now available for pre-order!

The Books!

The Finishing School Series: 1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies, 3
 The Custard Protocol Series: 1 Prudence (Coming March 17, 2015)
The Parasol Protectorate Series: 1 Soulless, 2 Changeless, 3 Blameless, 4 Heartless, 5 Timeless
Parasol Protectorate Series manga graphic novels

Book News:

Quote of the Day:
“Fortunately for you, Josie, the only thing you’ve ever had to wear twice is a sour expression.”
~ Anne of Avonlea

P.S. Happy Halloween!

Kathy Rodas created a murder scene #costumesforbooks via @WOPSmslibs on Twitter
Follow Gail on Facebook & Twitter. Or you can join her mailing list
She also has a fashion blog ~ Retro Rack.
The best place to talk all things Parasol Protectorate is on its
Facebook Group.
Tags: , , ,

Posted by Gail Carriger

No Responses

1. lyssandri said:

I tried to put this under reply, but it isn't showing up, so I'm going to try and trying it again. If this becomes a duplicate, please excuse me.

—–

This is infuriating! Google Play has the book, but none of the formats it supports can be read on the Kindle, and I can't find a copy of it at Apple's iBooks, so I can't use my iPad either. I'd consider getting a print copy, but I have serious problems with my hands and shoulders and most print books are too heavy for me to be able to hold up and read, which is why I went to using a Kindle in the first place. I'm quite angry at Amazon right now!

I had hoped to be able to get a review copy through NetGalley, but was turned down. I know they had Kindle format available for it, however, so I was wondering if you or your publisher would be able to sell Kindle-compatible copies outside of Amazon, or would that violates their policies?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've REALLY been looking forward to reading this and to discover less then a day before I was expecting to get the book that I can't get it at all for any of the equipment I have is very disappointing. I know it is not YOUR fault, Gail, and I feel really bad you are being hurt by this also. Hopefully Amazon will soon pull it's head out from wherever it is currently and this can get resolved.

2. Gail Carriger said:

Oh I am so with you. I couldn't be more annoyed than you. (I have a kindle and wrist problems also, so I hear ya!) My publisher can not (or will not) sell Kindle versions (.mobi) via non-Amazon vendors. However, I think that tomorrow it may be available on Amazon, regardless. Some of my friends are with Orbit (another Hachette publisher) and their new ebooks were not up for pre-order, but came available right away once officially released. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I828B1M/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00I828B1M&linkCode=as2&tag=authgailcarr-20&linkId=4BPNISXDFBE7GMTA
    If you are tech savvy, do drop me an email and I might have some other tips over private correspondence. http://www.gailcarriger.com/contact
    Thank you for trying! ~ Gail

3. lyssandri said:

I'm glad to hear there may be some hope yet 🙂 Do you know approximately the time at which books are typically released?

Thanks!

4. Gail Carriger said:

Good question. My guess is one minute after midnight local time, unless Amazon isn't that careful. In which case it would start East Coast time. Which means 9pm for us West Coasters.

5. lamparty said:

I've read all of your books so far and look forward to the next two! They have been really fun to read. Thank you for a very enjoyable time reading them!