Bit of fun from the Finishing School Tumblr for you today, Gentle Reader.
Here are 5 other things I love right now:
1. Romance Novels for Feminists blog: Fun, insightful, engaging reviews and romance recommendations from a feminist stance. Not an attack, more an analysis, as the blog focuses on books she likes rather than all the ones that are getting things wrong. I’m not often interested in buying the books recommended, but I always enjoy reading the review.
2. Broaden the mind and be entertained, an oldie but a goodie, youtube music video of Bad Romance parody: Women’s Suffrage. Every time I watch it the end note makes me cry, in a good way. Want more? International Woman Suffrage Timeline. I also enjoyed both Iron Jawed Angels and Suffragette.
3. Trader Joe’s Soup Dumplings. From the frozen food section. Yes they’ve got like half the day’s allotment of salt and they aren’t as good as the fresh ones from a restaurant, but they are pretty darn tasty, relatively low caloric, and ready in 3 minutes. In my world these are the PERFECT midwinter lunch with a little side salad or some greens. Best of all the AB doesn’t like them at all, so they are all mine! Eating the whole package feels decadent but really isn’t so bad. Win win.
4. & 5. These Two Cakes:
- Crustless White Chocolate Cheesecake. I made mine with added lemon rind.
- Dark Chocolate Orange Almond Cake.
Both are naturally GF, which is to say the original recipe never called for flour. I’m not GF myself, but that doesn’t mean a good cake can’t be eggy and delicious.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
|Renoir Gentleman’s Essentials tumblr|
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
|via steampunk-beauties tumblr|
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Octopus Makes Own Quicksand to Build Burrow on Seabed
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Writing Dialogue: 4 Ways to Avoid Floating Head Syndrome
PROJECT ROUND UP
- Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last. Out now!
- Imprudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the Second. Handed in. Available for pre-order, releases July 19, 2016 in the US.
Gail Carriger’s Books!
1 Etiquette & Espionage, 2 Curtsies & Conspiracies,
3 Waistcoats & Weaponry, 4 Manners & Mutiny
Live the Dork Forest at Docs Lab in SF with Gail Carriger ~ $2
Quote of the Day:
“There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature.”
~ P.G. Wodehouse
The best place to talk all things Parasol Protectorate is on its Facebook Group.