My darling Gentle Reader, here is my…
Gail Carriger Imprudence Tour
- Houston, TX Tuesday, July 19 6:30 PM Murder by the Book LAUNCH PARTY!
- Austin, TX Wednesday, July 20 7 PM BookPeople
- Denver, CO Thursday, July 21 7 PM Tattered Cover (Aspen Grove)
- San Diego, CA Friday, July 22: 7 PM Mysterious Galaxy, (plus SDCC appearance earlier that afternoon, time TBD)
- Petaluma, CA Saturday, July 23: 2 PM Copperfield’s
One Day Break for Gail
- Beaverton, OR (Portland) Monday, July 25: 7 PM Powell’s (Cedar Hills Crossing)
- Chicago, IL Tuesday, July 26: 7:30 PM Volumes Bookcafe (NEW venue!)
- Brooklyn, NY Wednesday, July 27: 7 PM WORD Bookstore
- Cambridge, MA Thursday, July 28: 7 PM Porter Square Books
These dates and locations have JUST been cemented so the bookstores likely will not have any announcements live on their websites yet. Don’t panic if you don’t see me listed. You are the first to know!
About the Voting
Thank you to everyone who voted, here are the results: As you can see Orbit is flying me to all three of the top winners for the poll, so there you have it, vote and you shall receive a Gail!
I found the poll results fascinating. I’m kinda into big data and analytics so I have a pretty good handle on where my sales are. SLC is consistently one of my top sellers as is Phili but rumor on circuit is that neither of these are great event cities and the voting numbers supported this. NY was a surprise, as it has a similar reputation. (Prevailing opinion being there is always so much to do in NYC that author signings fall to the wayside.)
Washington DC was one vote short of top three. It means I won’t make it this tour (although I’ve set a ping out to see if they want to add one last stop, it’s a matter of finding the willing and right venue). However, it also means I will look will a great deal more interest on that area in future for events or conventions. I had a great time at the Spy Museum when I was there so…
Now a word on the future: I will not be touring next year (2017) as for the first time in a decade I will have no book coming out through a major publisher. (There will be novellas though, so don’t you worry.) I will be bopping around visiting conventions and so forth, and I will arrange bookstore events if I happen to be in the area and I find a willing store to host me, but there will be no tour. That’s one of the reasons I’m allowing a two week stint this time (I usually ask for only the one week).
What does that mean?
This is likely the last chance you will get to see me in person, especially at a place like Brooklyn which would be prohibitively expensive for me to visit on my own.
This is it my darling Gentle Reader, the last chance to catch your Gail for a while. Ask her all the burning questions she carefully never answers on line.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
|“The Pink Silk Dress,” by Sir James Jebusa Shannon, 1880s. via shewhoworshipscarlin tumblr|
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
|Social Deception @socdec Poster for Georges Méliès’ ‘The Conquest of the Pole’ (1912)|
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
“Chekov’s Lesbian”. A File 770er coined phrase for mistaken idea that character diversity must have plot relevance via Paul Weimer (@PrinceJvstin on Twitter)
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
PROJECT ROUND UP
- Poison or Protect ~ A Delightfully Deadly Novella. Out in June 2016! Romance featuring a several-times widowed Preshea and the gentle Scottish captain who could change everything. (Gail’s first foray into hybrid land.)
- Imprudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the Second.
Out July 19, 2016 in print and eBook to US.
- Romancing the Inventor ~ A Supernatural Society Novella.
Status: Developmental edit. Cover reveal and release date to come.
LBGT romance featuring a parlormaid bent on
seducing a certain cross-dressing inventor who is too brokenhearted to
notice. Or is she?
Gail Carriger’s Scribbles!
Quote of the Day:
“He was good at this sort of affection, general and unbinding.”
~ The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Gail on Facebook & Twitter & Goodreads & Tumblr.