Here, Gentle Reader, is the video version of the recent Facebook Live Q&A that I did to celebrate Romancing the Werewolf.
Romancing the Werewolf Launch Video!
In which I am bad at trivia, but good at giving hints about future projects!
I start off discussing how Romancing the Werewolf came to be, planned and unplanned elements and a bit about finding the cover art photo.
Then I address my philosophy on making characters happy, and why I love curmudgeons so much.
Video Notes, Extras & Links
Questions stemming from Romancing the Werewolf:
- Yes! You can now get it in print!
- More Alessandro & Lyall backstory?
- More Lyall in Egypt?
- Is Conall cured of Alpha’s Curse?
- More Channing? Will we learn his backstory? More of the London Pack? Yes. How to Marry a Werewolf is coming soon.
All Things Parasolverse:
- More Wicker Chicken? Akeldama? Ivy hive? Nadasdy? Lord A’s cat?
- In world chronology of all Parasolverse books.
- Fantasy casting? Soulless & Prudence
- Pinterest boards for all fantasy casting & character inspiration.
- Teaching guide for The Finishing School series.
- More Finishing School books? Adult spin off novella line = Delightfully Deadly
Writing & Authorbeast Notions:
- Why I leave things intentional ambiguous on occasion.
- Why I think mortality is more romantic that immortality.
- How and why I choose settings and locations.
- Moving from archaeology to writing. Check out recent excellent podcast interview with the Anthropologist on the Street for in depth on my two careers.
- Some hints on what will come in Competence. It releases in the summer, we just don’t have an exact date yet. Cover art coming to the Chirrup soon!
- Will Percy get a love interest in the last Custard Protocol book? (Tentatively titled Incompetence but we aren’t settled on that.)
- Will we get more GL Carriger? (Sexy stuff!) YES! I’m writing the second San Andreas Shifter book right now!
- San Andreas Shifters lesbians (AMS Trickle & Pepper) what do they look like?
Miscellaneous Important Stuff:
- FYI I consult the Parasol Protectorate Facebook Group with questions and for help a lot. So if you want to be a de facto contributor, join that group.
- Like listening to me talk? I have a podcast about travel! 20 Minute Delay
- Will I be traveling near you? Check the events page or join the Chirrup.
Coop de Book: Gail’s monthly read along for November is Romancing the Werewolf.
Romancing the Werewolf ~ A Supernatural Society Novella by Gail Carriger is now available (audio will follow).
Gay reunion romance featuring your favorite reluctant werewolf dandy, the return of a certain quietly efficient Beta, and some unexpected holiday gifts.
The Hedgehog Librarian says of Romancing the Werewolf:
“Carriger brings these characters together again in a love story both between them and between her readers and her. This is not a story to jump into without the background; characters are referenced in a natural way but it assumes that you understand her already built world. For those already familiar, as Lyall does, we are coming home.”
SCRIBBLES ROUND UP
- Competence ~ Custard Protocol Book 3
Status: Copy edits.
Third in the Custard Protocol series featuring Primrose, Rue, and all their crazy friends. Available for preorder in digital & hardcover!
- Meat Cute ~ A Parasolverse Short
Status: Rough draft complete. Layaway.
Possible anchor short story for Secret Project A or SS collected/omnibus in 2018 or 2019.
- How to Marry a Werewolf (In 10 Easy Steps) ~ A Claw & Courtship Novella
Status: Rough draft complete. Layaway.
Featuring a certain white wolf we all love to hate (except those of us weirdos who love to love him). Coming 2018. Add this book on Goodreads.
- TOC ~ San Andreas Shifters #2
Status: Writing Rough draft.
There’s a bartender with a mysterious ability and a big scruffy werewolf with a powerful crush. Gail is contemplating shifter food trucks ~ Do it raw! Sometimes we wiggle, sometimes the food does.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day: