For the launch of Soulless I hosted a Victorian High Tea at World Fantasy on Halloween night (you see my reasoning?) in October of 2009. For that event, I came up with this blog post shortly ahead of the event.
- First on the agenda: select staff. In my case this involved calling in the big guns: my proxy Armenian lover (a professional bartender) and a certain tight plaid pant-wearing brew-master of my acquaintance. Doesn’t hurt that both of them are very easy on the eyes.
- . Negotiate with said bartender over the acceptability of plastic glasses. No he cannot actually light anything on fire.
- Await with baited-breath the possible ripping of the plaid pants because the booze will be stored in a bathtube which requires a a lot of bending over.
- Come up with a list of drinks – well, you know, aside from tea.
- Insist on Baileys, Advocate, Sheridan’s, and Amaretto – because they are the only things I can think of that taste good in tea.
- Come up with the following Soulless booze menu:
- Red Coat – gin + cranberry
- Silver Bullet – gin + tonic + triple sec
- Wooden Stake – rum + orange + cranberry
- Ivy’s Hat – blue c + grenadine + white rum + soda + lime + maraschino cherry
- Pink Slurp – blood (blackberry cordial) & champagne
- Deadly Parasol – gin + rum + grenadine + cranberry + tiny parasol
Rest briefly on laurels, or should that be, float briefly on fumes?
Quote of the Day:
“The first thing in the human personality that dissolves in alcohol is dignity.”
~ Author Unknown
Book most relevant to this post?
Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations.
- First, she has no soul.
- Second, she’s a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead.
- Third, she is being rudely attacked by a vampire to whom she has not been properly introduced!
Where to go from there?
From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire, and the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.
Find my books
Here’s a printable Downloadable Checklist of ALL my books!
Did you miss my latest release?
Want more sneak peeks, free goodies, gossip, behind the scenes info?
This goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here: