How to act at a con . . .
- Do: Wear deodorant.
- Don’t: Wear cologne or any perfume that costs less than $30. Better nothing than cheap.
- Do: Wear nice clothing and possibly a “talking point” peace of jewelry, pair of shoes, or T-shirt.
- Don’t: Wear shorts or anything so old it’s pilling, has holes, or is threadbare.
- Do: Ask people questions about themselves, it’s everyone’s favorite topic.
- Don’t: Talk politics, religion, relationships, or medical problems.
- Do: Check your teeth for lipstick and food, your nails for dirt, and your glasses for smudging.
- Don’t: Forget breath mints.
- Do: Smile.
- Don’t: Hunch over into yourself and mumble.
- Do: Obey the 1 – 3 – 5 rule (1 shower a day, 3 square meals, and at least 5 hours sleep)
- Don’t: Dance or sing unless you’re a professional.
One final word of warning.
When asked the question, “How are you?” An honest answer is NEVER appropriate.
Gail’s Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Some seriously fabulous teapots
Your Tisane of Smart:
Geologic podcast talked squirrels taking out power lines. Fuzzy terrorists!
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Someone elses dos & don’ts at writers conferences.
CAKE in Space: Back from agent, but now I don’t have time for it.
Apparently the cover isn’t vital! My first ebook review. “The romance was believable and did not offend my X chromosome, yet made my Y chromosome beg for more.”
SPOILER ALERT! Amazon has posted Changeless cover along with blurb. Blurb gives bits of Soulless away so don’t read if you haven’t read the first book!
Blameless: Back from editor with edits to do.
Quote of the Day:
“Writers seldom write the things they think. They simply write the things they think other folks think they think.”
~ Elbert Hubbard