Gentle Reader, I’ve uploaded what information I have on foreign rights to my website. In summation,
- UK editions are due out this September for all three books, at which point they will have caught up to the North American release schedule. There will be no “British edits” to the language.
- Audio Rights went to Recorded Books, Soulless comes out this June 2010 (read by Emily Gray).
- French publisher currently has Soulless under translation, due out January 2011.
- A Spanish edition is due in the Spring of 2011.
- A German edition is due sometime in 2011?
- Hungarian rights have also sold but I don’t have a release date.
Just ran across some new (to me) old (in time) photos from the Soulless Book Launch Party back at World Fantasy in 2009.
In other news, I’ve been a tad under the weather, which is quite a feet as the weather has been spectacular. I’m behind on my Secret Project H word count and feeling very guilty about it, I am a bad bad writer beast.
Gail’s Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute:
Ivy’s Purple Hat (AKA a sneak fashion peek into Book III)
Your Tisane of Smart:
Steampunk Scholar on Steamwars
Your Writerly Tinctures:
Listened to a great podcast recently from the Geeks Guide to the Galaxy podcast interviews Carrie Vaughn and then talk vampires & werewolves among other things.
Candace says, “Well, I thought it was funny but with the right amount of action. I thought the romance was great but wasn’t an overwhelming aspect.”
SPOILER ALERT! Changeless blurb gives away ending of Soulless. Wendi says, “A dazzling sequel to Soulless, Carriger never ceases to entertain. I anxiously await the third in the Parasol Protectorate series on pins and needles.”
Out September 1, 2010! Even bigger SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON’T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven’t read the other books first.
Super Secret Project H: Plugging away.
Super Secret Project F: With agent.
CAKE in Space: Trunked.
See table of contents here.
Short story turned in. The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance 2 available for preorder.
Quote of the Day:
“Frosties are just cornflakes for people who can’t face reality.”
~ Peep Show