A random moment, Gentle Reader, things I’ve had to look up recently . . .
- History of mothballs (surprisingly hard to find)
- Etymology of the term booby trap (1840 apparently)
- Badminton, was it around in the 1850s?
- 1950’s Party Dresses
- Names for the different parts of a Quadrille
- The language of parasols
- Stage dresses of the Victorian Era
- Algonquin Round Table
Gail’s Daily Dose
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Cakes from print
Timeless: Copyedits back in, awaiting galleys.
Etiquette & Espionage: Finishing School Book the First: First run passes from editor, much tweaking.
Secret Project PPA: Only a twinkle in my little eye.
Book News: Reviews of Heartless Are In!
- In the Closet with a Bibliophile still likes Soulless best, but gives Heartless a crack.
- Geekery Most Foul seems to have enjoyed Heartless.
- On a Book Bender is not as excited by Heartless as she was by Blameless.
- Geek Speak reviews Heartless.
- All About Romance not totally taken in, but then Heartless isn’t really a romance.
- I Just Want to Sit Here and Read reviews Heartless.
- Book Thingo review Heartless.
- Beauty and Lace reviews Heartless.
- Black Dog review Heartless.
- Julie review Heartless
- Full Moon Dreaming reviews Heartless.
- Quirky Girl gives Heartless an A-.
Quote of the Day:
“When eating or drinking, avoid every kind of audible testimony to the facts.”
~ Etiquette for Gentlemen, 1850
This came up in a recent conversation concerning chapter 3 of the manga.