Soulless Vol. 1 the manga is officially up for pre order. I’m very excited about this version of the book, the art is wonderful, you should see some of the dresses!
There’s links to all the original character sketches on my website.
1. The digital version has been serialized through Yen Plus over the past six months. Available by subscription.
2. This is the print version of the manga, it’s officially called Soulless Vol. 1
3. You can get it in the USA or the UK.
4. A digital version of the entire manga will be available, shortly after the print release for all digital versions. It will be through Yen Press, no exact date so far, and no details on country restrictions. Sorry, I will let you know when I do.
5. Yen is already starting on the manga adaptation of Changeless, but it will be called Soulless Vol. 2.
6. The artists name is REM.
7. It is an adaptation of the first book, not a scene-for-scene copy. Dialogue and text was mostly taken from Soulless. I had approval and went over the copy. Yen was amazing about involving me in every step of the process, from initial character sketches to text to drawings.
8. I’ve seen it all, plus the cover art for the next book, and I absolutely love it.
9. It is manga ~ everyone is young, clean shaven, and cute. Yes, even the werewolves.
10. Yes, REM drew that carriage scene at the very end of the book. Mmmmm.
Rumor on the net is the Previews, the comic shop magazine, has Soulless Vol. 1 the manga for preorder (I think you have to find and go into a comic shop). Also they have chosen it as a staff pick, and it has a spread inside the cover of the magazine. I haven’t seen it, but my spies are everywhere.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Advice for when you meet an agent at a conference.
PROJECT ROUND UP
Deportment & Deceit ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Writing rough draft now.
Etiquette & Espionage ~ The Finishing School Book the First: Page proofs done. Release date Feb 2013. Have seen initial cover mock-up and it is stunning!
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 1: Printed volume releases March 1.
Timeless ~ Parasol Protectorate Book the Last: Releases March 1. Preorder now if you wish.
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Release date fall 2013. She’s started waking me up in the middle of the night with ideas.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT! Really, DON’T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven’t read the other books first!
- Soulless starts off someone’s New year well.
- Tracey is converted to the Parasol side.
- Books I Hugged in 2011 fun little list, includes Soulless.
- Amy reviews Soulless.
- Soulless review from Logan Turner.
- Fluffrick reviews Soulless
Quote of the Day:
“. . . and that night they were not divided.”
~ Radclyffe Hall, 1928 (banned book until 1948 for this one phrase because it refers to two women)