Here we go, Gentle Reader:
- Age: That’s for me to know and you . . . not to know.
- Bed size: Queen
- Chore I hate: Anything particularly smelly ~ taking out the compost, cleaning the toilet, that kind of thing. And Ironing, I loathe ironing. But I love vacuuming and anything I can sort, like mail or paperclips or jelly beans.
- Dogs: Shaken, not stirred.
- Essential start to my day: Tea. You were in some doubt on this?
- Favorite color: Red to wear, neutrals to live with, blue to be around.
- Gold or silver: Both at once. I’m such a rebel!
- Height: 5′ 6″ if I’ve been doing yoga regularly.
- Instruments I play: Does the keypad count?
- Job title: Writer
- Kids: No, thank you.
- Live: Some ever-shifting part of Northern California.
- Mother’s name: Mum.
- Nicknames: Some. None of them suitable for public consumption.
- Overnight hospital stays: Never, not even at birth.
- Pet Peeve: Too many to count.
- Quote from a movie: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.
- Right or left handed: Right
- Siblings: Nope.
- Time I wake up: 8ish.
- Underwear: Dependent upon outfit and occasion, usually matched.
- Vegetable I hate: Brussels Sprouts.
- What makes me run late: Other drivers.
- X-rays I’ve had: Wrist (fracture), ankle (habitually sprained), hip (chronic pain), spine (trying to figure out hip) and teeth.
- Yummy food I make: Brownies, gluten-free booze-ridden banana bread, chicken enchilada pie, shepherd’s pie, vegan chili, anything ancient Roman, fish related dishes, a set of particular alcoholic drinks, various green-bean salads, grilled shrimp, almond cupboard cake, Thom Kar Gai, and some rather odd sauces.
- Zoo animal: Penguins, I can spend hours watching them.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Tea: 31021 Assam Mangalam Second Flush FTGFOP1 Black Classic
Source: TeaHaus (via a kind reader at World Steam Expo)
Before: A beautiful large leaf black with some chocolate color less toasted a few gold tips as well.
After: seeped to a pretty very dark amber, almost orange, very pale with milk
Thoughts: Its very hard to get this tea strong, even with a fully loaded tea-ball and over 5 minutes the mug stayed on the amber end of the spectrum.
Flavor: very very mild and gentle. Low notes of fruit aromas, apricot perhaps, even a little cocoa, but mere ghosts. A great starter tea but because of the lack of strength a little watery to my buds. A wonderful late afternoon beverage it was also low on the caffeine scale, and good for mellow sipping.
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
3 Simple Decisions Making Tools
PROJECT ROUND UP
Deportment & Deceit ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: First draft with second Beta reader.
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date Feb 5, 2013. Working promo schemes.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) First chapter reviewed, drops on YenPlus April 12th. Print release tentatively Dec. 2012.
Timeless ~ Parasol Protectorate Book the Last. Out now!
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Release date Fall 2013.
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON’T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven’t read the other books first!
The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.
The manga editions, Vol. available in print, Vol. 2 by subscription to YenPlus.
Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!
The first Finishing School book ~ Not yet Released
New interview over on Writing Raw.
Quote of the Day: