As an example I’m using the Parasol Protectorate books but you can do this with any genre book. Just run with your imagination what about a Dune themed basket full of spices and spice cakes?
- Order a signed book (in my case the illustrated version of SOULLESS is all signed)
- Source a vintage looking basket, possibly from a local thrift store (or a nice gift bag works)
- Fill with accompanying fun items that tie to the books
Example: Parasol theme
- Alternative or additional book option: Petronella Saves Nearly Everyone or maybe the Amelia Peabody books? (I have a list of books that people who read me also really like)
- For nesting: parasol scarf or t-shirt or blanket
- Tiny lace parasols or a very useful Pagoda Umbrella or Parasol or here’s a bunch of beautiful Victorian looking ones
- Reader or Victorian themed mug
- Assam Tea or other tea themed items
- Some kind of food that goes with the book, something like spices, cookies, crazy flavored chips
- Companion non-fiction: Hints to Lady Travellers or similar fun research books
- Here’s an Amazon list of jewelry, steampunk, books ends and other reader & writer delights.
Quote of the Day:
“Great eaters and great sleepers are incapable of anything else that is great.”
~ Henry IV of France
“I feel seen.”
~ Gail Carriger
STORY DE JOUR!
Meat Cute: Parasol Protectorate Prequel
The Hedgehog Incident
From the comedic mind of New York Times bestseller Gail Carriger comes the much requested prequel short story to Soulless.
Alexia Tarabotti attends what appears to be a very dull London party, until the new werewolf Alpha turns up, is unconscionably rude to her, and sits on a hedgehog.
Find my books
Here’s a printable Downloadable Checklist of ALL my books!
- Did you miss my latest release? Want more sneak peeks, free goodies, gossip, behind the scenes info? This goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here: