The book basket ideas continue, if you want to know what I’m on about the introduction to this idea is here.
Our example is the Parasol Protectorate books but you can do this with any genre book, I think. Just run with your imagination what about a Dune themed basket full of spices and spice cakes?
1. Order signed from Borderlands (Definitely get your request in before Dec 15th, that’s the last time I’ll be able to get in to sign stock for them before the holidays.)
2. Source a vintage looking basket, possibly from a local thrift store
3. Fill with accompanying fun items, many of which might also be found at a thrift store
Blameless Parasol theme
- Alternative book option: Petronella Saves Nearly Everyone (I had a hard time finding anything specifically featuring parasols to go with this basket. Aside from the Amelia Peabody books, which I’m saving for Timeless, can you think of any fantasy or sci-fi books prominently featuring parasols?)
- For nesting: parasol scarf or t-shirt (I have the scarf and love it!)
- Tiny lace parasols or a very useful Black Tower Pagoda Umbrella or Parasol or if you’re feeling spendy a restored vintage one-of-a-kind from Priscilla
- Parasol Mug
- Assam Tea or Italian espresso beans
- Pesto + ciabatta bread (for dipping)
- Tiramisu (simple recipe here that I highly recommend)
- For the crafty there is a Cross stich for Claude Monet’s Woman with a Parasol
- Companion non-fiction: Hints to Lady Travellers or Victorian Parasols
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
The Art for ARCs contest continues. So far everyone who’s entered gets an ARC since there are less than 20 entries! Please read the instructions carefully and be sure to post a link to the image with your contact information in the comments!
Quote of the Day:
“Great eaters and great sleepers are incapable of anything else that is great.”
~ Henry IV of France
“Whoa there!” ~ Gail Carriger
My darlings please recall, this is my blog and I am goddess of this little corner of the interwebs. You are always welcome to comment, as I am to delete said comments. As my dear mum often murmurers: if you haven’t anything nice to say then please don’t stay anything at all. Also: Thou shalt not commit Logical Fallacies.