The book basket ideas continue, if you want to know what I’m on about the introduction to this idea is here.
Our example is the Parasol Protectorate books but you can do this with any genre book, I think. Imagine how fun it would be to theme The Eyre Affair basket!
1. Order signed from Borderlands (Definitely get your request in before Dec 15th, that’s the last time I’ll be able to get in to sign stock for them before the holidays.)
2. Source a vintage looking basket, possibly from a local thrift store
3. Fill with accompanying fun items, many of which might also be found at a thrift store
This basket is themed to Heartless and/or The Parasol Protectorate Boxed Set
Heartless Octopus themed basket:
Alternative book option: Kraken
Alternative basket: Octopus Beach Tote Bag
- For nesting: Octopus Scarf
- Octopus cup or octopus surprise mug
- Stuffed octopus
- Octopus ice cube tray
- Antique Style Octopus Ring
- Octopus Ring Holder
- Amethyst Vintage Style Octopus Brooch
- Finger Tentacles
- Octopus socks
- Parasol with octopus on it
- Amazing Brian Kesinger’s Tea Girls print
- Copious british nibbles including underseea cookies
- Octopus kindle cover
- 4-Legged Octopus USB Hub
- Gamochonia Nature Art Print Poster by Ernst Haeckel
- Companion book: Steampunk Reloaded or An Octopus Is Amazing
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
John Cleese – a lecture on Creativity Youtube
Quote of the Day:
“Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that’s how dogs spend their lives.”
~ Sue Murphy
This is a brilliant idea! I need to remember this for next year (most of my shopping is already done for this year).
This is my favorite collection of octopus oddments yet!