The book basket comes to an end with one final installment. If you want to know what I’m on about the introduction to this idea is here.
1. Order signed from Borderlands (Definitely get your request in before Dec 15th, that’s the last time I’ll be able to get in to sign stock for them before the holidays.)
2. Source a vintage looking basket, possibly from a local thrift store
3. Fill with accompanying fun items, many of which might also be found at a thrift store
Timeless Egypt Themed Basket
- Alternative book option: Crocodile on the Sandbank
- For nesting: Black Chiffon Dangling Gold Coins Belly Dance Scarf
- Spiced tea (I prefer unsweetened chai)
- Egyptian influenced jewelry (like this Deco necklace or Bib Necklace or these Deco Fan Earrings
- Steampunk balloon jewelry
- Companion book: A Thousand Miles Up the Nile (bonus ~ this book is the source of Gail’s inspiration for the character of Alexia) or Steampunk Your Wardrobe: Easy Projects to Add Victorian Flair to Everyday Fashions
I’d like to reiterate that this doesn’t have to be done with my novels, I’m just the most familiar with them. It could be done with any fun book. I remember one young lady had a belly dance themed romance novel and include with it a teaching CD on how to belly dance, a coin belt, fun jewelry, and various other associated items. Have a younger reader on your list? Patricia Wrede’s excellent Enchanted Forest Chronicles: Dealing with Dragons / Searching for Dragons / Calling on Dragons / Talking to Dragons is on special as a box set for $16.29! But you’ll have to learn how to make Cherries Jubilee.
I think it’s a fun way to riff off of someone’s favorite read and can be made into a really nifty gift idea. It doesn’t have to marry to the theme of the book: if, for example, you’re gifting a romantic novel why not include it with a nice bottle of wine, a candle, some bubble bath, and a little box of chocolates? Steampunk novels are easy and fun, there’s so much good steampunk out there on Etsy and Clockwork Couture. A friend once gave me a cookbook complete with a set of cooking utensils, frying pan, spatula, pot, and mixing spoon ~ all mini sized. I just use google images “Gift Baskets” for ideas and ways to arrange. Here’s Zabar’s take. Better than a basket of soaps, I say!
I would be remiss if I did not remind you I have two short stores that make fun gifts, My Sister’s Song and Marine Biology. Buy, print out on fancy paper, roll and tie with a little ribbon add to the basket. Marine Biology is a contemporary paranormal romance, kind of like if Biffy and Lyall existed in the modern day.
Yes, I am trying hard to get you one more new short story up and available before the end of the year, but I simply must get this First Draft of Prudence done first! I hope you understand.
Quote of the Day:
“Sleep ’til you’re hungry, eat ’til you’re sleepy.”
~ Author Unknown
BOOK DE JOUR!
Soulless: Parasol Protectorate Book 5
Alexia Tarabotti, Lady Maccon, has settled into domestic bliss. Of course, being Alexia, such bliss involves integrating werewolves into London High society, living in a vampire’s second best closet, and coping with a precocious toddler who is prone to turning supernatural willy-nilly. Even Ivy Tunstell’s acting troupe’s latest play, disastrous to say the least, cannot put a damper on Alexia’s enjoyment of her new London lifestyle. Until, that is, she receives a summons from Alexandria that cannot be ignored.
With husband, child, and Tunstells in tow, Alexia boards a steamer to cross the Mediterranean. But Egypt may hold more mysteries than even the indomitable Lady Maccon can handle.
Find my books
Here’s a printable Downloadable Checklist of ALL my books!
- Did you miss my latest release? Want more sneak peeks, free goodies, gossip, behind the scenes info? This goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here: