Some gems of wisdom from 1871, Medical Common Sense & Plain Home Talk by Edward B. Foote, M.D.
- The human machinery becomes clogged with poisonous humors.
- As a female germ can not produce a child without the addition of a male germ, so there latent impure particles in the blood can not generate disease without meeting their affinitive poison.
- Theses latent impurities, like the spoor of a minute plant buried far underground, must be of the right quality to unite with and engender specific diseases, or a person, however exposed, will escape.
- Free circulation of vital or nervous electricity, and unruffled mind, and good blood are essential to health.
- Leading us to the irresistible conclusion that the first duty of a physician to a patient is to see that his nervous system is set right, his mind emancipated from all depressing influences, and his blood restored to that condition which enables it to impart the tint of health to the skin, strength to the muscle, and abundant juices to all the tissues.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
White chocolate + yellow m&m + pretzel sticks = bacon & egg candy.
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Perfume Earrings $60
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
How Can We Avoid Cookie-Cutter Writing?
PROJECT ROUND UP
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First:
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Title changed. Release date November 2013. Await ARCs.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 2: (AKA Changeless) Out now!
Etiquette & Espionage ~ Finishing School Book the First: Release date OUT NOW Tour events in progress!
BIG FAT SPOILER ALERT on the Parasol Protectorate series! Really, DON’T READ THE BLURB ON AMAZON if you haven’t read the other books first!
The Omnibus hardback editions are limited run through the SciFi Bookclub only.
The manga editions, both now available in print.
Most short stories available in ebook form world wide!
The first Finishing School book ~ OUT NOW
Supernatural Snark says, “Etiquette and Espionage is packed full of engaging characters all equipped with the sense of humor fans of her Parasol Protectorate series love so dearly, ensuring that upon finishing this first installment we immediately begin counting the days until the next book releases.”
Quote of the Day:
“If the doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I’d type a little faster.”
~ Isaac Asimov