|Oh so Ivy.|
1. If you could describe the Parasol Protectorate series in one word, what would that word be?
2. If you could describe the Finishing School series in one word, what would that word be?
3. Could you describe what you write in two words?
4. What were you trying to accomplish with these books?
I want to cheer people up and give them a fun read. Maybe keep one or two readers up all night. No real agenda. I also would love to be at least one person’s favorite author.
5. Fill in the blank’s here: If you like ______, you should read my books because _______.
Tea, there’s so much tea in my books I have to edit instances to cordial, otherwise tea will become a main character.
|At Lisa’s Tea Treasures in Santana Row|
6. What do you feel is your strength as a writer/storyteller?
Characters, charm, and frivolity.
7. Throw away temptation lines for your books?
Soulless: Her manners are excellent, her soul is non–existent, and she wants your treacle tart.
Changeless: Werewolves in kilts.
Blameless: Beware the bad guys, they have pesto.
Heartless: The octopus rampages at midnight.
Timeless: Not for the faint of hat.
Etiquette & Espionage: Holy flying cheese pie!
Curtsies & Conspiracies: The picklemen are coming.
8. What’s your favorite thing about writing these books?
I get to write comedy, urban fantasy, and steampunk all at once. It’s the attack of the sub-genres!
9. What can readers expect from the upcoming sequels?
Articulated parasols, inappropriate passions, and an overabundance of witty banter.
10. What would you most like potential readers to know about you and/or your book?
Neither of us are meant to be taken seriously.
|With Thomas pretending to faint.|
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Perfect nested mixing bowl set.
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Are You a Marketing Artist or Scientist?
PROJECT ROUND UP
Waistcoats & Weaponry ~ The Finishing School Book the Third: Waiting on editor.
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second: Release date Nov. 5, 2013.
Etiquette & Espionage ~ trade paperback will be available in the US October 13, 2013.
Manga ~ Soulless Vol. 3: (AKA Blameless) Available serialized through YenPlus. Print edition Nov. 19 2013.
Prudence ~ The Parasol Protectorate Abroad Book the First: Delayed. Why? Begin rewrite in 2014.
Very Lord Maccon
Quote of the Day:
“She still didn’t see the hot eyes melting and running all over her.”
~ Thog’s Masterclass. Eyeballs in the Sky. (Whit Harrison [Harry Whittington], Any Woman He Wanted, 1961) [PB] via Ansible
Tags: gail carriger, parasolverse, Q&A