Over on SF Signal they posted an 8 Questions about Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Books a little while ago. It looked like fun, Gentle Reader, I thought I would take a run at it myself.
- The first science fiction, fantasy or horror book I ever read was:
Does Harold and the Purple Crayon count? If not then it was The Water-Babies or the Borrowers or Tom’s Midnight Garden? If those don’t count either, then probably The Hobbit.
- The last science fiction, fantasy or horror book I read that I’d put in my “Top 20″ list is:
Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith. (To be fair, top 20 is hard for me to calculate but I would say I put it in “one of my Top 20 lists” which is still a big deal for someone like me who is a voracious yet unbelievably picky.) I read it about a year ago as an ebook and just purchased it in print for my permanent collection and reread.
- The last science fiction, fantasy or horror book I couldn’t finish was:
The Coldest Girl In Coldtown by Holly Black. Sorry, too creepy for my taste.
- A science fiction, fantasy or horror author whose work I cannot get enough of is:
- A science fiction, fantasy or horror author I’m ashamed to admit I haven’t read yet is:
- A science fiction, fantasy or horror book I would recommend to someone who hasn’t read sf/f/h is…
Always dependent on what they normally read. Romance reader? Warprize. History buff? Lord of Two Lands. Literary? Gate to Women’s Country. Military? Valor’s Choice
- A science fiction, fantasy or horror book that’s terribly underrated is:
Jasper Fforde’s The Eyre Affiare.
- A science fiction, fantasy or horror book that’s terribly overrated is:
Most novel length stuff by Asimov, his shorts are vastly superior.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
|Contest Joanna Fedewa via _email|
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
|Framed Bouquets to Art 2014|
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
|salamandra75-tumblr Dinner as an authentic Edwardian|
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
PROJECT ROUND UP
Waistcoats & Weaponry ~ The Finishing School Book the Third. November 4, 2014. Cover art to come.
Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last. Finished rough draft, cutting and trimming begins in July.
Prudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the First: Rewriting now, release date March 17, 2015.
The Custard Protocol Series: 1 Prudence (Coming March 17, 2015)
SFCrowsnest says of Timeless, “this book did finish the series nicely, lots of the loose ends were tied up but there’s still enough interesting areas left open for further books.”
Quote of the Day:
by Eliza Leslie (American 1864)
The best place to talk all things Parasol Protectorate is on its Facebook Group.