Here is a quiz for readers via SF Signal, Gentle Reader.
Thought I would have fun filling it out, feel free to do so yourself in your own blog.
- What was the last sf/f/h book you finished reading? Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- What was the last sf/f/h book you did not finish reading? Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie. I don’t feel bad because everyone else loves it and it won a Hugo. I’m just not one for super cerebral SF. I don’t want to work that hard for my pleasure reading.
- What was the last sf/f/h book you read that you liked but most people didn’t? I really can’t answer that. Most of the books I like seem to be pretty well regarded in online forums.
- What was the last sf/f/h book you read that you disliked? UnEnchanted by Chanda Hahn.
- How long do your 1-sitting reading sessions usually last? It’s a complex equation something along the lines of: The wait time in the airport + the length of the plane ride – take off and landing – time spent eating.
- What are you currently reading? Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear
- Do you like it so far? I only just started it, but yes.
- How long ago did you buy the book you are currently reading? On its release date at the beginning of this month.
- What was the last physical sf/f/h book you bought? The Originals by Cat Patrick
- What is the sf/f/h sub-genre you like to read the most? Space opera written by a woman author (or male/female co-authors) with a strong romantic element, lots of fun side characters, good dialogue, some humors, and a powerful female main character.
- What is the sf/f/h sub-genre you dislike the most and why? Horror. I’m super squeamish. I have actually had a book make me throw up.
- What is your favorite electronic reading device? I like e-ink, it hurts my eyes less, so anything with e-ink is first, print is second. I never read books on a phone or computer screen (except my own stuff, of course).
- What was the last sf/f/h eBook you bought? Nice Dragons Finish Last by Rachel Aaron
- Do you read books exclusively in 1 format (physical/electronic)? Mostly I read fiction on the ereader, non fiction is about 50/50 these days, but there are always exceptions.
- Do you read eBooks exclusively on a single device? Yes.
Want more inside info first? Sign up for the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
|1880 Tiered Lace Parasol, ca. 1880-90 via The Met|
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
|via French Steampunk FB|
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
The X-Ray Spook Party: 1897
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
|via the-vortexx-tumblr Victorian slang terms you never knew existed|
Quote of the Day:
“You’re such a gentleman.”
“I am not and I resent the accusation.”
~ L.A. Witt
Tags: Coop de Book, FAQ, gail carriger, parasolverse