12 days until Christmas, Gentle Reader, if that’s your thing. Here is a bit of fun from the Finishing School Tumblr.
Something you can bake for others?
- Crustless White Chocolate Cheesecake. I made mine with added lemon rind.
- Dark Chocolate Orange Almond Cake.
Both are naturally GF, which is to say the original recipe never called for flour. I’m not GF myself, but that doesn’t mean a good cake can’t be eggy and delicious.
12 Gift Ideas For Gail Carriger Fans:
1. Octopus Cookie Cutter ($8).
2. Octopus necklace ($10) for any member of the OBO who doesn’t want to get a tattoo.
3. Octopus Bottle Stopper ($18) for those who prefer wine over tea.
4. Lace overlay parasol (not good for rain) $21, comes in range of colors.
5. Wonderful Ocean Octopus Nightlight ($30) that I might have to buy for my office. So cute! Perhaps Quesnel had one of these while a child.
6. Stone Octopus Coaster ($26).
7. Tentacles Wall Decal Sticker ($35).
8. Lucky Ladybug Shaped Teapot ($34). For Primrose to serve tea aboard the Spotted Custard.
9. My favorite tea, Twinings 1706 Strong ($15).
Indie & Small Craftsperson Vendors
10. In addition to the Bumbersnoot necklace $23-35