12 days until Christmas, Gentle Reader, if that’s your thing. Here is a bit of fun from the Finishing School Tumblr.
Something you can bake for others?
- Crustless White Chocolate Cheesecake. I made mine with added lemon rind.
- Dark Chocolate Orange Almond Cake.
Both are naturally GF, which is to say the original recipe never called for flour. I’m not GF myself, but that doesn’t mean a good cake can’t be eggy and delicious.
12 Gift Ideas For Gail Carriger Fans:
1. Octopus Cookie Cutter ($7).
2. Octopus necklace ($10) for any member of the OBO who doesn’t want to get a tattoo.
3. Octopus Bottle Stopper ($18) for those who prefer wine over tea.
4. 1800s Balloon Art Airship Stainless Steel ID or Cigarettes Case ($10). This is the airship design that the Flywaymen air dinghies are based off of in the Finishing School series.
Or if you’re buying for a big OBO Madame Lefoux fan, the same company makes versions of this case with octopus on the cover.
5. Lace overlay parasol (not good for rain) $21, comes in range of colors.
6. Wonderful Ocean Octopus Nightlight ($18) that I might have to buy for my office. So cute! Perhaps Quesnel had one of these while a child.
7. Stone Octopus Coaster ($26).
8. Tentacles Wall Decal Sticker ($35).
9. Lucky Ladybug Shaped Teapot ($24). For Primrose to serve tea aboard the Spotted Custard.
10. My favorite tea, Twinings 1706 Strong ($15).
Indie & Small Craftsperson Vendors
11. In addition to the Bumbersnoot necklace $23-35