12 days until Christmas, Gentle Reader, if that’s your thing. Here is a bit of fun from the Finishing School Tumblr.
Here are 12 Gift Ideas For Gail Carriger Fans:
1. Octopus Cookie Cutter ($6).
2. Octopus necklace ($7) for any member of the OBO who doesn’t want to get a tattoo.
3. Octopus Bottle Stopper ($12) for those who prefer wine over tea.
4. 1800s Balloon Art Airship Stainless Steel ID or Cigarettes Case ($14). This is the airship design that the Flywaymen air dinghies are based off of in the Finishing School series.
Or if you’re buying for a big OBO Madame Lefoux fan, the same company makes versions of this case with octopus on the cover.
5. Lace overlay parasol (not good for rain) $13, comes in range of colors.
6. Wonderful Ocean Octopus Nightlight ($18) that I might have to buy for my office. So cute! Perhaps Quesnel had one of these while a child.
7. Stone Octopus Coaster ($25).
8. Tentacles Wall Decal Sticker ($30).
9. Lucky Ladybug Shaped Teapot ($18). For Primrose to serve tea aboard the Spotted Custard.
10. My favorite tea, Twinings 1706 Strong ($12).
11. Gail’s favorite Necklace pen ($20). I own both and wear them constantly. Standard gel refills.
A steampunk lesbian romance featuring a maid bent on seducing a brilliant cross-dressing scientist who’s too brokenhearted to notice. Or is she?
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
“It was one of those jolly, peaceful mornings that make a fellow wish he’d got a soul or something.”
~ P. G. Wodehouse
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”
~ Oscar Wilde
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
“Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There’s plenty of movement, but you never know if it’s going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.”
~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Backwards Compatible says of Imprudence:
“With a great mix of humour and characters, Gail Carriger has created wonderfully rich world for Rue to explore. The best part is as yet she does not know what manner of adventures await though I’m hoping Carriger does. If you are new to Steampunk then this is a great series to look into and though I always say start at the beginning, you can jump into to Imprudence and still enjoy the ride.”
Quote of the Day:
“My new supervisor was a gruff old dude who liked the fact that I was a gruff young dude.”
~ Strong Signal by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell
(Highly recommended for fans of contemporary m/m romance.)