I did another Facebook Live video and it was gobs of fun!
Thanks so much to the four dozen or so loyal fans who showed up, tuned in, and asked fantastic questions. Hooray for you, my Gentle Watcher!
In this video you will learn…
- That the Competence cover causes me serious wardrobe issues.
- Some secrets about Channing’s novella and his love interest.
- Why I don’t want to write Parasolverse books set after 1900. And what periods I’d like to write in.
- What I’m writing next.
- My favorite Jane Austen book.
- How much I have to do with my translations.
- If I can sing.
- How do I decide who to write about next? I run Chirrup surveys. So yeah, if that doesn’t get you to sign up…
- I go all in for a show and tell of the different book sizes! Good stuff!
- Time Stamp: 39:00
- I get VERY cagey about a secret project collaboration! Oh but it is so exciting.
- My weird reason for liking mass market paperback.
HERE IT IS!
Notes, Links & Associated Goodies!
- How to Marry a Werewolf is out FIRST, in May
- Georgette Heyer’s Friday’s Child
- Cover of HTMAW is going to be WAY different & the Chirrup will see it first, so join the cuteness
- November release, and last book of Gail’s year, is the 2nd San Andreas Shifter Novel, The Omega Objection (in the video I use the working title, my bad)
- Gail has a podcast all about travel!!! 20 Minute Delay with Piper J Drake and (on iTunes here)
- Gail is wearing one of the shirts from her Zazzle store
- And a cute cherry turban
- Finishing School follow ups: Delightfully Deadly Series, yes, MORE TO COME! 2019
- Gail is going to RWA Nationals in Denver this year, will she see you there?
- First time at a con? Gail has a resources page now! You want the “Travel Tips” section!
- 3 Top Tips for Getting Over Writer’s Block, more in this blog post…
- The mike Gail uses for her podcast is the Rode VideoMic Me Directional Microphone for Smart Phones
- What is Gail’s editing process like? Answered in in this blog post: Why is writing a book so darn time consuming?
- Parasolverse Wikia is here
- LADYBUG / LADYBIRD and it’s issues
Did you miss the Live? Do you more gossip & behind the scenes info? New stuff goes to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest: sign up here.
Coop de Book: Gail’s monthly read along for Feb 2017 is Princess Academy by Shannon Hale.
Romancing the Werewolf ~ A Supernatural Society Novella by Gail Carriger is now available (audio will follow).
Gay reunion romance featuring your favorite reluctant werewolf dandy, the return of a certain quietly efficient Beta, and some unexpected holiday gifts.
- How to Marry a Werewolf (In 10 Easy Steps) ~ A Claw & Courtship Novella
Coming May 2018.
Featuring a certain white wolf we all love to hate (except those of us weirdos who love to love him). Add this book on Goodreads.
- Competence ~ Custard Protocol Book 3
Out July 17, 2018.
Third in the Custard Protocol series featuring Primrose, Rue, and all their crazy friends. Available to preorder in digital & hardcover!
- The Omega Objection ~ The San Andreas Shifters Book 2
Coming November 2018.
A werewolf walks into a bar and falls in love with a man who has no smell. Add this book on Goodreads.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
The Lesbian Review says of Romancing the Inventor:
“Genevieve Lefoux is one of my favorite characters of all time, and I loved watching her navigate obliviously toward happiness. The sexual tension is delicious, and the payoff is sweet and wonderful, while not being terribly graphic. Fans of Carriger’s work will love this dive into a secondary character’s life, while first-time readers may very well find themselves picking up Carriger’s novels.”
Quote of the Day:
custard protocol, video