Trouble finding the paperback edition of Competence in the UK? It’s here.
Gail Loves Chapter Titles
I always love writing chapters and titles. Like names, there are some of us authors relish coming up with such things. Others really really hate it. Anywhoo, I often use it as an excuse for a particularly bad pun.
What can I say? It’s my thing.
- A Lioness in a Hat and Other Concerns
- A Bad Case of the Dropsies
- A Merlion in a Mushroom
- The Premier Floating Philosophy Club
- A Grey Melancholy Danger
- In Which Thomas Aquinas is an Absolute Corker
- A Very Warm Welcome
- A Mystery, a Fez, and an Italian Mathematician
- Soup Ladle of Death
- Cats Can’t Be Trusted
- Our Lord and Saviour the Spotted Custard
- Rumours of Pishtacos
- On Hives, Haciendas and Hijinks
- The Etiquette of Proper Introductions
- Weddings and Their Consequences
- Homeward Bound
Of course my absolute favorite in chapter 9. It makes me soooooooo happy…
Soup Ladle of Death
Also, if you still aren’t tempted, in this book, you get….
Ever wonder how or why Percy comes up with those ridiculous non-sequiturs?
Want more of the Latin in his warped little brain?
Well in this book you get a peek into his head.
Okay, I’ll stop now.
P.S. In case you missed it, look what I got in my office recently!
- Want more sneak peeks & behind the scenes info? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for July is Competence, of course. (Discussion here.)
COMING JULY 17!
SIGNED edition, use the SIGNED button
Competence by Gail Carriger is the third in the Custard Protocol series featuring Primrose, Rue, and all their crazy friends..
All alone in Singapore, proper Miss Primrose Tunstell must steal helium to save her airship, the Spotted Custard, in a scheme involving a lovesick werecat and a fake fish tail.
- Soulless special illustrated hardcover edition!
Out September 18, 2018
Featuring 10 original line drawings by the talented Jensine Eckwall.
- The Omega Objection ~ The San Andreas Shifters Book 2
Coming November 2018
A werewolf walks into a bar and falls in love with a man who has no smell.
Add this book on Goodreads.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Publishing Success: Genre Loyalty vs. Plot Bunny Saboteurs
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Tiny Navajo Reads says of How To Marry A Werewolf:
“I love this book and I love that we get to see some of what makes Channing, Channing. We also get to see some of the differences between the American perspective and the London perspective of the supernatural.”
Quote of the Day:
“This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.”
~ Oscar Wildespecial extras