Hello my darlings,
Here’s fun FAQ video for you in which I natter on about foreign editions and translations.
In this video you will learn…
- Why certain editions have different covers, thicknesses, sizes, fonts, and spine style.
- Why the style of cover art might be different in terms of marketing.
- Which country produced the very first Gail Carriger hardcover book.
- That there are also cover style changes for audiobooks.
- Why lack of standardization is so frustrating.
I do hope that you enjoy this brief peek into the author life. Do let me know if you have further questions on this subject and I will be happy to answer them.
Yours as ever,
- Did you miss my latest release? Stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for August is A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole. This couple reminds me of a contemporary Conall & Alexia. (Discussion here.)
SIGNED edition, use the SIGNED button
Competence by Gail Carriger is the third in the Custard Protocol series featuring Primrose, Rue, and all their crazy friends..
All alone in Singapore, proper Miss Primrose Tunstell must steal helium to save her airship, the Spotted Custard, in a scheme involving a lovesick werecat and a fake fish tail.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
The Tea Master – History of Japan Podcast
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Book Stuffing Scams: Is Amazon Finally Cleaning House?
Quote of the Day:
“But I don’t want to be a vampire drone.” Sophronia winced. “They’ll suck my blood and make me wear only the very latest fashions.”
~ Gail Carriger, Etiquette & EspionageCover, Custard Protocol, Finishing School, Foreign Language Editions, Parasol Protectorate