Hello Gentle Reader,
The video is a little off center because frankly, so is my life right now, but here you go lots of fun and insider info…
Things Gail Discusses
- Two different Competence covers (some struggles with Australian distribution, and why things have been difficult).
- Everything on how to get Competence and signed versions on the book’s website page.
- Also updates on audiobooks, and why you can’t get Competence Audio outside the USA & Canada.
- Signed Soulless Illustrated editions: How does Gail Sign 10,000 books?
- More Crudrat? (What’s Crudrat?)
- More of the Soulless LTD edition from Subterranean?
- How to get signed editions of Gail’s books?
- What’s next for Gail, after the Custard Protocol series?
- How to develop characters from 2D to 3D? What’s the nicest thing you can do for an author?
- How, exactly does Gail write?
- What was the easiest book for Gail to write?
- Characters Gail misses writing.
- Why choose werewolves over vampires?
- Who or what inspired Tasherit Sekhmet?
- The Phinkerlington connection? Explore the Parasolverse Wikia.
Other exciting stuff!
- Gail drops some super fun hints about future projects.
- Gail’s talk about her style inspiration. (See all that on Retro Rack and Pinterest.)
- How she really feels about award shows.
- Her current TV addiction. Hint, it’s bad, really bad, but OH SO GOOD.
- Gail’s various connections with fellow steampunk mavin Shelley Adina
- Did you miss this Facebook Live? Event announcements go to Chirrup members first, because I love them best. Sign up here. Also members of the Chirrup will have the option of entering to win this parasol on Sunday. You need to join before it goes out. This charming lace sunshade is one of a kind… because I decorated it with the blue ribbon myself. There will also be more gossip about WorldCon, and a super exciting secret about an upcoming project.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for August is A Duke by Default by Alyssa Cole. This couple reminds me of a contemporary Conall & Alexia. (Discussion here.)
SIGNED edition, use the SIGNED button
Competence by Gail Carriger is the third in the Custard Protocol series featuring Primrose, Rue, and all their crazy friends..
All alone in Singapore, proper Miss Primrose Tunstell must steal helium to save her airship, the Spotted Custard, in a scheme involving a lovesick werecat and a fake fish tail.
- Soulless special illustrated hardcover edition!
Out September 18, 2018
Featuring 10 original line drawings by the talented Jensine Eckwall.
- The Omega Objection ~ The San Andreas Shifters Book 2
Coming November 2018
A werewolf walks into a bar and falls in love with a man who has no smell.
Add this book on Goodreads.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
COMPETENCE, Custard Protocol, Q&A, Video