For those of you who missed the cover art announcement in the most recent Chirrup, here it is!
Since this is Percy’s book it should come as no surprise that Percy is on the cover. However, I have been pretty darn cagey about where they are going, so I hope you’re delighted to find out that it is…
Yes the Spotted Custard is off to the magic of the Paper City.
And you know what that means?
Oh yes, kitsune for all!
Here’s the Cover Copy
Percy is off to Japan, but will Japan survive Percy?
Bookish and proper Percival Tunstell finds himself out of his depth when floating cities, spirited plumbing, and soggy biscuits collide in this delightful conclusion to New York Times bestselling author Gail Carriger’s Custard Protocol series.
Percival Tunstell loves that his sister and friends are building themselves a family of misfits aboard their airship, the Spotted Custard. Of course, he’d never admit that he belongs among them.
Percy has always been on the outside – dispassionate, aloof, and hatless.
But accidental spies, a trip to Japan, and one smart and beautiful doctor may have him renegotiating his whole philosophy on life. Except hats.
He’s done with hats. Thank you very much.
Reticence is the final book in the Custard Protocol series. It takes place after events in Competence and contemporaneous with those in How to Marry a Werewolf.
The Spotted Custard crew is back for one last rollicking adventure! Watch Miss Gail tie up all those loose threads. Look out for appearances from beloved Parasolverse characters (and some less beloved) and learn everyone’s secrets… the hard way.
Percy, of course, could care less.
Or could he?
What else do I want you to know about this book, Gentle Reader?
This one is absolutely and utterly for YOU.
This book will be mad cap and fun and absolutely hilarious no matter what. But you will get all the inside jokes and cookies only if you’ve read the full back catalogue of the Parasolverse.
Gear up, you’re in for a particularly puffy final float!
You have been warned.
USA & CANADA ONLY
Audible: Not yet available
Preorder for places outside the USA will come, don’t worry. We have time.
Yours in general overindulgence induced laziness,
- Did you miss this cover art announcement? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for December is Girl Squads: 20 Female Friendships That Changed History by Sam Maggs. (Discussion here.)
Can a gentle giant with a trampled heart
show a man who’s been running all his life that
sometimes there are monsters worth running towards?
- The 5th Gender (a Tinkered Stars sci-fi under the G. L. Carriger pen name). No links as yet, wait for it…
- Reticence, The 4th and final Custard Protocol book. August 2019
- Secret Project Ommm, October 2019 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Soulless.
- Need to know more about what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Japanese Women Warriors – History of Japan Podcast
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
“Just say the word if you want ‘Weird Japanese Snacks’ on your name badge.”
~ Overheard in Borderlands Books, from their awesome occasional blogCover, RETICENCE