Oh, did you think my love of the humble parasol was all a ruse?
Certainly not, Gentle Reader.
Here is my proof!
In this short video I talk about nothing but parasols!
Mentioned in this video…
- Broderie anglaise cream colored full parasol.
- Blue painted china pattern parasol.
- Umbrella with grey lace pattern used as a parasol.
- Vintage 1920s umbrella with jeweled handle and pattern interior.
- Leather parasol holster from AtticRaiders.
- Paper sunshade with tentacle pattern Got via Donna, my cover model for the Soulless books).
- Multifold supper flashy flowered sunshade (comes in lots of different colors).
- Set of mini parasols.
- Edwardian vintage tilting parasol.
- Parasol holster made out of cargo shorts. I have a DIY how to on this over on Retro Rack.
- Get a full blog post with still of all these parasols and more, over on Retro Rack.
Hope you enjoyed this peek behind the scenes!
Yours in shaded glory,
- Did you want more behind the scenes silliness? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for December is Girl Squads: 20 Female Friendships That Changed History by Sam Maggs. (Discussion here.)
Can a gentle giant with a trampled heart
show a man who’s been running all his life that
sometimes there are monsters worth running towards?
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
“I’ve become that guy who buys his underwear on EBay.”
“You haven’t hit rock bottom until you buy it on Craigslist.”
~ Overheard in Borderlands Books, from their awesome occasional blogFAQ, Victorian Fashion, Video