On the cover of Waistcoats & Weaponry, Gentle Reader, Sophronia is holding a fan.
I don’t interfere much with my cover art often or I try not too. I think Little Brown did a great job.
But for Waistcoats & Weaponry I really pushed the fan. I mean it’s key to the plot and Sophronia’s favorite.
I even went so far as to mail my fan to New York so it could be a prop in the photo shoot. I cannot tell you how delighted I am that they used it.
Here I am with the actual fan at Anomaly Con a few years ago, sporting the fan.
You can see how they added in the blades with PhotoShop to Sophronia’s version? After all she is deadly and I’d never get a bladed fan through TSA.
Mine if from Brute Force Studios. (There is also a black version!)
Hooray! Love the fans.
|Godeys Sept 1872 Fan|
|1900 Folding Fan China, early 20th century The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston|
Do you want more on Sophronia and fans?
- Fans For Sophronia ~ A Historical Retrospective
- Fan Influenced Imagery & Fashionable Items
- Fans that Aren’t Fans for Sophronia
Yours in Fannish Glory,
This post originally appeared in Retro Rack.
- Want more sneak peeks, free goodies, gossip, behind the scenes info? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
Can a gentle giant with a trampled heart
show a man who’s been running all his life that
sometimes there are monsters worth running towards?
- The 5th Gender (a Tinkered Stars sci-fi as G. L. Carriger).
- Reticence, The 4th and final Custard Protocol book. August 6, 2019
- Secret Project Ommm, October 2019 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Soulless.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .