You can call or visit your favorite local bookstore! Ask them to “Order it from Ingram.“
Borderlands offers signed editions of the USA Hardcover. They will ship worldwide. Use the SIGNED button under the book’s image on my website:
I am trying to get them linked but Amazon is fighting me, assume it will never happen.
The USA & Canada should get this book in audio around the same time as it releases. Everyone else? We’ve been fighting for almost a year to get the final Custard Protocol books distributed to you. The publisher has been stonewalling. Please write to them about it.
You do have an alternate. You can get an audio CD shipped to you from Borderlands. Use the SIGNED button under the book’s image on my website: Reticence & Competence. Just clearly explain that you want the AUDIOBOOK on CD.
That is the only way I know that you can get it.
- We’re trying to negotiate to have Moira’s narration distributed to you. It’s NOT going well. Write to my publisher and ask them for it. No really, try. Hachette Audio. They aren’t listening to me.
- To do this myself I would have to rerecord with a different reader. Then you’ll complain that it’s a different narrator.
- It costs thousands of dollars to make an audiobook, and I don’t have the funds right now and the market overseas for English audio isn’t big enough to support the expense.
- Finally, the distribution mechanism isn’t in place. Audible doesn’t offer the option of ONLY distributing overseas, yet I’m contractually obliged to do that.
- In other words: Right now, convincing my US audio publisher to strike an overseas distribution deal is our best option.
Why 2 covers for Reticence & Competence?
Because I am publishing the these two Custard Protocol books to the UK and other non-North American territories myself.
If you’re overseas and able to get any of my novellas then you should be able to get Reticence. I do my absolute best for you. I could not be working harder to make sure it gets to as many of you as possible, but that might mean it’s not in the version you prefer.
Is there any substantial difference in content?
The UK edition is EXACTLY how I want it in every way, including a full list of my published works as of publication, some minor grammar and sentence structure differences. It also has British spelling and uses the word ladybird instead of ladybug. But the story is the same.
Here’s the bit in the Live from February where I explain the different book sizes:
I explain a lot on the different cover sizes. I go into a bit of a show and tell using Imprudence as a model (backwards because I’m using my phone’s flip camera) but you get the idea. At Time Stamp 39:00.
But Miss Gail, I like both & want to own both!
You’re a darling and I love you!
Generally speaking (aside from second party sellers and illicit means) USA readers shouldn’t be able to get the UK edition, and visa versa. (Gail cocks an eyebrow at you thoughtfully.)
But you know, interesting things happen to the Chirrup members… just saying. Plus Book Depository eventually will get on board and offer the UK edition to anyone who can meet their pecuniary demands.
As always, you don’t have to take my word for it…
Well, actually you do, but here are related articles anyway:
- Why Do Publishers Still Issue Hardbacks, Given That They’re Not That Popular Anymore?
- A changing book business: it all seems to be flowing downhill to Amazon
Did you miss the cover art announcements?
New stuff goes to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
Yours in RED,
- Want more ehind the scenes info? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
The 5th Gender (A Tinkered Stars Mystery as G. L. Carriger).
Sci-fi queer romance meets cozy mystery in which a hot space station cop meets the most adorable purple alien ever (lavender, pulease!) from a race with 5 genders.
- Reticence, The 4th & final Custard Protocol book Aug 6, 2019
- Fan Service Omnibus (SOLD OUT) Oct 2019
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Look what I found and then purchased because oh my god what is it? I must understand and to understand I must stuff in my mouth and this is probably how I’m going to die but I did it for SCIENCE.
I’m going to eat them on the next live so I will tell you then what they taste like.
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Romance Books for Every Introverted Myers-Briggs Type (Soulless on this list)
Quote of the Day: