But, you say.
Miss Gail, you say.
No more Parasolverse?
Your End of Series Questions Answered!
Is this the last Custard Protocol Book?
Anything is possible, but for now, Rue and her crew are off about their own business and tired of me messing with them.
Is this the end of the Parasolverse?
The three Parasolverse novella lines continue:
- In Delightfully Deadly you can follow the Finishing School characters all grown up and causing mischief.
- In Supernatural Society see your favorite queer side characters get their happy endings.
- In Claw & Courtship see Biffy, Lyall, and the new London Pack find love, happiness, and swaddled squash. Other werewolves also an option.
OK FINE, is this the end of longer adventure series in the Parasolverse?
For now, yes. But, again, anything is possible. I don’t like limiting my imagination.
What about more YA?
I’m considering various YA projects (and maybe even middle grade), but if set in the Parasolverse they would be much earlier in time. Join the Chirrup to find out more.
Story Questions You Might Still Have After Reading Reticence!
First, if you haven’t finished the Custard Protocol series STOP now. POSSIBLE SPOILERS. Although mostly it will just seem confusing.
Why wasn’t Dimity at The Wedding?
Keep an eye on the Delightfully Deadly series ~ you’re looking for the Honey Bee.
Speaking of The Wedding, what was Channing up to in Hyde Park?
Fraternizing with stroppy Americans, find all about it in How to Marry a Werewolf.
What happened to Lady Manami?
You might want to check out Mana in the San Andreas Shifters series.
Why didn’t we get to see Biffy and Rue make up?
Sometimes we grow apart, and have to form our own pack. And sometimes little birds need to be pushed out of nests. Biffy knows what he’s doing. I tackle all forms of love in my books, even the tough kind.
Not happy with that? There’s more Biffy to come in the Claw & Courtship series.
How did Arsenic’s parents meet and end up in Scotland?
Wait argh, what did… Lord Akeldama, Tasherit, what?!!?!!! Merephssfaldja!
Uh huh. So there. Never doubt the machinations of immortals.
Yours in craftiness,
- Did you want more sneak peeks of what I’m working on? This stuff goes to Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
Reticence: The forth and final Custard Protocol Book!
Bookish and proper Percival Tunstell finds himself out of his depth when floating cities, spirited plumbing, and soggy biscuits collide in this delightful conclusion to New York Times bestselling author Gail Carriger’s Custard Protocol series.
- Fan Service Omnibus (SOLD OUT) Oct 2019
- Spring 2020 the next Delightfully Deadly book
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
My Favorite Murder ANIMATED Hilarity over a Name
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
“By far the greatest strength in the characterization of this story is the writer’s ability to normalize exo-cultural characters and allow us to look through their eyes. Drey serves as our access character, expressing our own confusion and occasional discomfort with his partner’s culture. But as he learns to love Tris, we learn to see the universe through new eyes. And that is the greatest power of a story.”
Quote of the Day:
You say bread, I say embryonic toast.
~ Self on TwitterCustard Protocol, FAQ, RETICENCE