After ten years of publishing quite a few books, Gentle Reader, here are some of the most quoted sections of my books (or interviews) as voted on by Goodreads and social media…
#1 Quote = Not from a book at all!
I was asked in an interview early on how I felt about reading and being a reader. The above quote is genuinely how I feel about it. I do read basically every day, even if it is only a chapter or two.
#2 Quote = BRAINS!
#3 Quote = Vampires!
Lord Akeldama showing up very early on in this list. No surprise there! This one came from Blameless.
Quote #4 = Gossip!
This is a Biffy quote, but it comes straight from my heart. Gossip has always been a lifeline in my family, Mum, Granma, so forth. This might be my favorite quote on this list.
Quote #5 = Sexy!
I love this one because it hints at the way I write sex scenes and how much humor I like to bring to and find in nudity and flirting.
Quote #6 = Evil Genius
This is the first on from the Finishing School series.
Quote #7 = Sledgehammer
This is Lord Maccon talking to (and describing) Alexia.
Quote #8 = Cats!
This one is Alexia thinking about herself.
Quote #9 = Steampunk
I am specifically talking about steampunk fashion in this quote from an interview I did super early on in my career.
Quote #10 = Tough Lady
This is a long one but it may be one of my favorite descriptions. I love writing something that is both funny and accurate.
There is is. After 10 years the top 10 quotes from my books!
Honorary mention to one of my favorites:
Yours (Oscar Wilde is my idol),
- Did you want more behind the scenes info? This goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for October 2019 is Bloodlust & Bonnets by Emily McGovern (comic). I bit spendy but it will make a GREAT Christmas gift.
Reticence: The forth and final Custard Protocol Book!
Bookish and proper Percival Tunstell finds himself out of his depth when floating cities, spirited plumbing, and soggy biscuits collide in this delightful conclusion to New York Times bestselling author Gail Carriger’s Custard Protocol series.
- Fan Service Omnibus (SOLD OUT) Oct 2019
- Meat Cute AKA The Hedgehog Incident (audiobook out for the holidays, digital for Valentine’s day)
- Spring 2020 the next Delightfully Deadly book, featuring Dimity! Title & cover coming soon.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Why are Books That Shape? From Codices to Kindles, Why This Rectangle Stays Golden
Quote of the Day:
“It’s your own fault for encouraging him when he was a first-year, you know. Now he thinks he’s a human being.”
~ Page by Tamora Pierce (Neal & Owen: my two favorite characters in the series)Behind the Magic