By request, Gentle Reader (and because you know me and tea… why not cook with it?)
Here is my Pumpkin Chai Tiramisu recipe!
Pumpkin Chai Tiramisu
Check layering in the dish with dry lady’s fingers so you know how many layers you’ll be doing (2 0r 3)
In large mixing bowl, whip cream into very stiff peaks
Whip in vanilla + powdered milk, put aside
In small mixing bowl, mix mascarpone + pie filling until blended
Mix in 3 tablespoons chai latter powder
Fold mascarpone mixture into whipping cream, mix gently, can leave white swirls or not, to your taste, chill in fridge
Using a shallow pan or Tupperware roll the lady’s fingers in the chai/rum three quick full rotations (you might not use all the liquid)
Place 6-10 fingers in a single layer at the bottom of your serving dish
Put 1/3-1/2 of cream mixture (depending on your layering ratios) on top, smooth gently and sprinkle with cinnamon and chai latte powder (I use a tea wand for the chai)
Layer lady’s fingers again, then cream, then sprinkle chai powder & cinnamon and any other spices you like (repeat again if you’re doing 3 layers)
Yours (destined to die from trying new foods… but what a way to go),
- Did you want more sneak peeks, links to recipes, and things that are making me happy? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members monthly. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for December 2019 is to pick from Gail’s favorite holiday reads!
Reticence: The forth and final Custard Protocol Book!
Bookish and proper Percival Tunstell finds himself out of his depth when floating cities, spirited plumbing, and soggy biscuits collide in this delightful conclusion to New York Times bestselling author Gail Carriger’s Custard Protocol series.
- Meat Cute AKA The Hedgehog Incident (audiobook out soon, digital for Valentine’s day)
- Spring 2020 the next Delightfully Deadly book, featuring Dimity! Title & cover coming soon.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
A Taste of the Past podcast: PICKLES!
Savor podcast: A Passion for Lilikoi (Passion Fruit)
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
“Some fungi are only edible once.”