Dearest Gentle Reader,
Some of you have been waiting a while for this one!
Finally a tour of my new office digs! This is my last Live Q&A of the year. Don’t worry more coming in January!
- The octopus decal wall stencil on my closet.
- Teapot decal wall stickers in the tea room.
- Silver birches wall decal in book nook area.
- Do you stick to a specific regime, or are you a chaotic mover?
- Was purging stuff hard for you?
- Does it FEEL different writing here? Does the environment change your mindset?
- Did it take you long to adjust to the new place? Feeling like you’re home?
- Do you do anything to make your new place *smell* right as well as looking right, to settle in?
- Will the kitty come visit the new office?
Act of Writing
- What do you do to stay limber while writing all day? (Wrist braces.)
- Do you do anything else while writing? Music?
- Did you enjoy the Heroine’s Journey‘s process? How did it compare to the fiction?
- How do you stay focused while writing with other people?
Working On Now
- Are you writing now or editing?
- Hints about Defy or Defend. Side characters making cameos, Pillover or Sophronia?
- Meat Cute release & update.
Working On Next
- Who is the next San Andreas book about?
- Did that poll influence the next projects you have planned? (The poll in question.)
- What is the the most “out there” project you want to do?
- Do you have any more books geared toward 12-14 year olds coming out? Stephanie Burgis writes middle grade so I don’t have to. Gail does have one middle grade! Fairy Debt
- What is your fav DnD class/race, etc?
- What styles of swing dance do/did you like? Is there video evidence?
- Have you ever done pinup?
- Next on East Coast? Hopefully WorldCon 2021 ins DC (Why doesn’t Gail Visit Me?)
- Guilty pleasure reads? How about comfort instead? Or a whole mess of queer romance
- Holiday reads? Shout out Villain for Christmas. And I have a list with others. Specially the Brambly Hedge book Winter’s Story by Jill Barklem
- Gail’s one existing ACTUAL holiday novella? Romancing the Werewolf
Other Things Mentioned
- Gail being Interviewed by Tristan Taormino
- The dress I am wearing is eShakti and it has pockets! They no longer offer the fabric but they still have the style in red, black, and green (I added sleeves to mine.)
ALL THE BOOKS
- I may or may not have promised to post a schematic map of the Spotted Custard (now that the books are done and I don’t have to worry about spoilers.)
Yours (enjoying a fabulous new office),
- Did you miss the office crisis? Want more behind the scenes info? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
BOOK DE JOUR?
Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident featuring Alexia & Conall’s first encounter!
In this short story Alexia Tarabotti attends what seems to be a dull London party, until the new werewolf Alpha turns up, is unconscionably rude to her, and sits on a hedgehog.
Gail’s Daily Tea Party
Tisane of Nifty
Lilliput doing dapper December, Madame Lefoux style.
Lost in a Good Book says of Soulless:
“The pure joy of this is not even these supernatural creatures, it is Carriger’s storytelling ability and her way with words and dialogue.”
Quote to Sip
“Grammar is a flexible thing, especially where commas are concerned.”
~ Gail when her copy editors disagreeTags: Behind the Magic, Q&A, Video