Hello my darling Gentle Reader,
Quick first update: My boxed set is on SUPER sale right now! (No idea how long this will last, I wasn’t told ahead of time and it might be a mistake.)
It is up at $6.99 for ALL 5 BOOKS (ebook USA & Canada ONLY). This is insane. I’ve never seen my publisher do this before! So take advantage while it lasts and please spread the word!
The Finishing School series is also on sale for $9.99 (ebook USA & Canada ONLY).
And now, your regularly scheduled blog post!
New video for you! More things making me happy.
In which I confess that my only true skill in life is wielding a hot glue gun (with bonnet as proof). I tell the story of fangirling over Mercedes Lackey. “Are we… hugging friends?”
I mention my upcoming book, Defy or Defend, and give a few non-spoiler sneak peeks.
Go to Borderlands Books for a signed edition.
I talk about wisteria, playing neighborhood frogger, and my mom hilariously learning (or not) how to use video chat, and show and tell the books and tea making me happy right now.
Citations & Reference Links!
- Lipstick I’m wearing is Peripera Ink Airy Velvet Lipstick in Emotional Red #09. It NOT my usual colorstay.
- Fascinator, this exact style no longer available but there are a lot more like it.
- Yall Fest in Charleston
- Lauren Harris (also a medical worker right now so show her books some love!)
- Rishi Masala Chai Tea (All organic ingredients: black tea, ginger root, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, cloves)
- My Biggest Gripes with Austen Movies
- 7 Tips for Getting Over Writer’s Block
- All about Love, Simon and Simon & the Homo Sapiens Agenda.
- Cinderella Boy by Kristina Meister
- 10 Books That Inspired & Formed Gail’s Identity As An Author (including Mercedes Lackey)
- Suggested comfort reads during troubling times.
What My Set Up Looks Like
Here’s a bit from behind the scenes, the set up in my office before I start the Live video.
Before you ask, pictured:
- Best tripod I’ve found for filming is actually a selfie stick. Selfie Stick Tripod by UBeesize
- Round c-table from Amazon (easy to put together and beautiful, highly recommended). Walker Edison Furniture Company Modern Round Side End Accent Table Living Room, C, Glass/Chrome
- Rug is from Overstock. Safavieh Evoke Juli Vintage Boho Burst Rug. Love it, Highly recommend especially as a circle.
- Too old to link: Couch from Overstock. Pillow and scrunching blanket from Ross. Backdrop is made of hanging shells, West Elm probably about 20 years ago. I keep things I like a LONG time.
Yours (at least I’m trapped in style),
- Did you miss my latest release announcement? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
BOOK DE JOUR?
Dimity, London’s cheerfullest spy, must fix a broken vampire hive while a gentle soldier tries to keep her safe. A charming makeover story set in the popular Parasolverse.
It’s a battle for survival… and wallpaper!
- The Enforcer Enigma, San Andreas #3, featuring Judd & Colin
- The Heroine’s Journey: For Writers & Fans of Pop Culture (non-fiction)
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
Gail’s Daily Tea Party
Tisane of Nifty
Quote to Sip
Tags: Gail Carriger Recommends, Video