Dear Gentle Reader,
Can I talk to you about books featuring lady knights?
Reading Glasses Podcast has this thing the call “Your Reading Wheelhouse.” One of mine is lady knights. I absolutely LOVE a book about a lady knight.
A little while ago I did this tweet…
My Favorite Lady Knight Books
Taming the Forest King by Claudia J Edwards (sadly out of print)
By the Sword by Mercedes Lackey
The Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce
Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce
The Hero & the Crown by Robin McKinley
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
Books I Have Not Read but Fans Suggested
- A Knight to Remember by Bridget Essex
- Starless by Jacqueline Carey
- The Afterward by EK Johnston
- The Privilege of the Sword by Ellen Kushner
- One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey
- The Rose Crown by Catherine Glenn
Other People’s Lists
- There are some lady knights in this list, 10 Books With Our Favorite Fictional Knights
And here’s an associated blog post:
Yours (destined to be killed by a tumbling TBR pile),
- Did you want a book rec from me once a month? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
BOOK DE JOUR!
Dimity, London’s cheerfullest spy, must fix a broken vampire hive while a gentle soldier tries to keep her safe. A charming makeover story set in the popular Parasolverse.
It’s a battle for survival… and wallpaper!
“I love Dimity, I love Crispin and his morality, and I love how much a change of scenery can change not only a person, but their outlook on life as well. If you’re looking for more of Gail Carriger’s writing, or just want to know what happened to the girls after Finishing School, then you need to read this book next!”
- The Enforcer Enigma, San Andreas #3, featuring Judd & Colin
- The Heroine’s Journey: For Writers & Fans of Pop Culture (non-fiction)
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
Gail’s Daily Tea Party
Tisane of Nifty
Soulless has over 1000 reviews on Amazon. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Quote to Sip