I get real honest and rather deep at points during this video. So you have been warned.
We range quite widely but here’s some of what I talk about…
The 5th Gender!
Link to preorder plus blurb etc…
When will the audiobook be out? Is it a stand alone? What’s the POV? How explicit is is and why?
Hints about what “emotively sexy tentacle hair” means.
How does it connect to Crudrat? And will there be more?
Book Covers: (Time Stamp 12:00 in)
Gail covers, in great detail how she goes about picking a book cover. The kind of thought process plus how hard it was moving to science fiction. She talks in depth about the 5th Gender’s cover and the two she rejected before they ended up with this one. Why she chose this image, the tentacles, and the background and the font. Plus the photo manipulation Starla went through to get it right.
She also talks about picking the models and images for the Parasolverse novellas and the San Andreas Shifter series. Spine colors. And font choices and much more.
Her cover designer is the amazing Starla.
Tea & Food
Gail tells two funny stories about her mother and tea, one involving a phone and the other an earthquake. And then gives some sage advice for all to learn from these stories.
What tea Gail drinks? Twining’s 1706 Strong Breakfast
Gail’s thoughts on fruity black teas, black current flavoring, and spicy food, oh my!
Gail makes a TERRIBLE CONFESSION about coffee.
Random Questions Answered
- How to decide on the explicitness (heat level) of a story? 29:50
- Also why Gail writes sex scenes and why she thinks they are important. There might be a bit of a soap box about proper education of girls.
- Will there be witches?
- What does Gail love most about Percy as a character?
- What’s Madame Lefoux’s astrological sign?
- Gail’s non fiction on the Heroine’s Journey
- Gail explains why there are so few comedies in Steampunk or Sci fi.
- You should read TJ Klune’s Lightning Struck Heart
- Gail’s up coming events.
Vintage 1940s dress, vintage boater hat (probably 1960s), vintage costume earrings, lipstick is Maybelline Super Stay Matt Ink in #20 Pioneer.
Destined to be tipped over by a cat mug is here.
I hope you enjoyed this video!
Yours in purple,
- Did you miss my latest release announcement? That went to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
OUT MAY 18, 2019!
The 5th Gender (A Tinkered Stars Mystery as G. L. Carriger).
Sci-fi queer romance meets cozy mystery in which a hot space station cop meets the most adorable purple alien ever (lavender, pulease!) from a race with 5 genders.
- Reticence, The 4th and final Custard Protocol book. August 6, 2019
- Secret Project Ommm, October 31, 2019 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Soulless.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day: