First, thank you all so much for your support of my new book, Romancing the Werewolf. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to see people talk about it and show picture of it on ereaders all around the world.
And on that note…
I just returned from a trip to Denmark (I might have stealth visited another country, too). What a beautiful place! So clean and full of Danes with serious faces and towering cheekbones.
Here are 7 things that I learned about Denmark…
1. Denmark is a land of neutral clothing. Everyone wears black, grey, and navy. Accent colors are burgundy, army green, and blush pink. That’s it. No deviation. It’s easy to spot tourists because of this. Houses, however, are another matter.
2. Certain words are hilarious in Danish.
3. In fact, Danish itself is rather hilarious. And also rather mocked by other Europeans.
4. The Danes bike everywhere, at very high speeds.
5. In fact, it felt like, in Copenhagen, more people commuted by bike than by car.
6. Rufus Gifford, former Ambassador to Denmark under Obama, is most likely a Gail Carriger-style vampire. (Apparently he is much beloved by the Danes.)
7. I am reliably informed that Beta Readers in Denmark are called Shadow Readers. Isn’t that wonderful?
In other news…
I met my Danish translator at the book festival and she told me that Soulless was the hardest book she has ever had to translate. Which I took as a profound complement!
Do you want more sneak peeks, free goodies, gossip, behind the scenes info, release announcements? New stuff goes to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
In Other Travel News
I just might have started a podcast! (I know, but I love them soooooo much, I wanted to join the party.) It’s all about travel with my friend and fellow writer Piper J Drake.
It’s called 20 Minute Delay
And you can listen to a sample.
Coming soon to iTunes!
Coop de Book: Gail’s monthly read along for November is Romancing the Werewolf.
Romancing the Werewolf ~ A Supernatural Society Novella by Gail Carriger is now available in digital form (print & audio to follow).
Gay reunion romance featuring your favorite reluctant werewolf dandy, the return of a certain quietly efficient Beta, and some unexpected holiday gifts.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
The Case of the Small Shoes —a.k.a. Survival Bias: No, people were NOT “just smaller then.”
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
“He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.”
~ P.G. Wodehouse20 Minute Delay Podcast, Event