Continuing to reflect on last year, Gentle Reader, and things that made me happy. Of course many of those are FOOD related!
- Trader Joe’s eggnog flavor whole milk greek yogurt. I know, I’m weird, but I love eggnog yet can’t drink much of it, so the carton goes bad fast. This gives me all the same satisfaction with way less guilt or waste.
- I spotted PURPLE NOODLES. Tris would be so excited and honored.
- Sticky toffee pudding in Scotland (and other things I ate abroad.) Including an amazing lamb burger, fancy duck, Greek pastries, any weird crisp I could find, and many breakfasts. Turns out the Isles have UPPED their food game since I last visited.
- Miracle Fruit tablets at a party. I brought them out among friends and they were a huge hit. We were sucking down lemons like hysterical children addicted to candy.
- Baked a wildly popular Cherry Clafoutis. Here’s the recipe. I used only 1/2 cup of the white sugar. And for a GF/no lacto version I substituted almond meal for flour and coconut creamer for milk.
- Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves has become my favorite (store bought) jam.
- Zucchini noodles. I’ve been doing them with brown butter garlic (like this). Yum.
- Jelly Babies. I grew up with them and I’ve discovered I can order them in the USA. It’s the gummy things that make life worth living.
- Making (and modifying) tiramisu.
- This article on Making Ancient Roman Style Cheese
Yours (always trying new foods),
- If you want these recommendations AS I FIND THEM, they go to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
BOOK DE JOUR?
Thank you Goodreads!
The 5th Gender tied for 1st place in the Goodreads M/M Romance Group members choice awards, Best Sci-Fi. I share the win with the fantastic Earth Fathers Are Weird by Lynn Gala (which I read and LOVED).
Gail’s Daily Tea Party
Tisane of Nifty
Bad sex award twosome: prize goes to Didier Decoin and John Harvey
“I have to say that Gail has really upped her game with this one. I didn’t realize how much I truly liked Channing until this book, or how much I wanted him to be happy.”
Quote to Sip
As vague and woollen-headed a blighter as ever bit a sandwich.”
~ Carry on, Jeeves by P.G. WodehouseTags: Gail Carriger Recommends, Tea & Victorian Food