Soulless Illustrated Hardcover
Illustrated Edition in The Parasol Protectorate Series
Out September 18, 2018
Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations.
- First, she has no soul.
- Second, she’s a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead.
- Third, she is being rudely attacked by a vampire to whom she has not been properly introduced!
Where to go from there?
From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire, and the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.
With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible.
- Can she figure out what is actually happening to London’s high society?
- Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing?
- Who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?
Gail’s articles, thoughts, and special behind the scenes extras on Soulless. Check out the Parasol Protectorate Pinterest board for her visual inspiration.
Soulless was a New York Times and Locus (#2) bestseller; Publishers Weekly Best Book (2009); made IndieBound November 2009 Notables, Audible.com Best of 2010, and Locus Recommended Reading First Novel lists; was an Audible.com Top 20 Sleeper Hit; was nominated for the John W. Campbell (2010) and Compton Crook (2010) awards; was a finalist for the Locus Award for Best First Novel (2010) and PEARL Award in the New Author Category (2009), and won an Alex Award from the American Library Association.