My darling Gentle Reader,
Here’s some behind the scenes deliciousness, pertaining to Soulless Illustrated Hardcover!
Out Tomorrow! September 18, 2018
Here’s some close up images of what this edition looks like…
What kind of hardcover is it?
This edition is a board printed hard cover, better known as a casewrap. Which means it has no dust jacket, the cover art is printed directly on the book, in the style of children’s picture books.
Here’s the inside of the front cover…
And here is what the inside of the back cover looks like with the bios. I can’t believe how cute it is!
If you’d like a sample of what the internal images look like here is the one from Chapter One. They exist on their own page, so you could color them in if you like and not worry about bleed through. (Or with very little. Be careful, not stupid.)
All of the first print run of 10,000 books are signed by me. I signed their tipped-ins. Which is to say they sent me the leaves to sign before the went to press. But I did sign them all. This means that if you order now, or as soon as possible it should be signed. However, if you wait then there is a chance that there will be a second print run, and those will not be signed.
If you are scared and really want a signed edition, or you need to wait for any reason, or you’d like it personalized or dedicated then you should order from Borderlands Books using the SIGNED button on my website.
If you comment/email/post questions about…
Will Book Depository will have it signed? Will Auntie Petunia’s local teashop will have it signed? How do I get it down the Rhine and smuggled to Uncle Berry at the monastery? Or anything else, you know what I am going to say, right?
- Orbit is telling me the ones available online are signed.
- I have signed 10,000 copies. I know this. So do my hands.
- However, we have been on this joy ride before with Waistcoats and Imprudence.
- So I refuse to make promises based on online vendors or my publishing house’s distribution technique ever again.
- The only way I personally promise this book will be signed is if you order it from Borderlands via my website. Period.
If you want to see it live, here is a video showing further details.
Yours as ever,
- Did you miss my latest release? Stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for September is The Gate to Women’s Country by Sheri S. Tepper. (Discussion here.)
OUT IN SEPTEMBER!
All books in the first print run of 10,000 are SIGNED.
If you want it dedicated or are paranoid about ensuring it’s signed,
you can order it via Borderlands Books using the SIGNED button on my website.
Borderlands Books will ship to you.
Order from them using the SIGNED button on my website.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
Behind the Magic, Parasol Protectorate, Q&A, SOULLESS