For Halloween this year, I did this video telling some of my scariest author stories, Gentle Reader.
Shiver in horror as I reveal the worst book tour ever, disastrous adventures in airport bathrooms, being orphaned, abandoned, stranded, and that time when hundreds of books went missing.
Are you ready for the fear and terror?
Well, tea will help you cope, of course. Although… did it help me? Watch to find out!
Author Horror Stories with Gail Carriger
The blog post about those signed editions going missing is here.
And the video of the Spy Museum event that I did the day after I cried my little heart out is here:
Yours (destined to die on book tour),
- Want more of the horror behind publishing? I only usually complain to Chirrup members, because I don’t like to be publicly negative (not outside of Halloween). Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for October 2019 is Bloodlust & Bonnets by Emily McGovern (comic). I bit spendy but it will make a GREAT Christmas gift.
Reticence: The forth and final Custard Protocol Book!
Bookish and proper Percival Tunstell finds himself out of his depth when floating cities, spirited plumbing, and soggy biscuits collide in this delightful conclusion to New York Times bestselling author Gail Carriger’s Custard Protocol series.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . . (A Writer Beware Selection)
- Publishing Scams: #1 Mistake Making Self-Publishers Vulnerable
- The Combined Book Exhibit and Author Scams
- The Seven Most Prolific Vanity Publishers
Quote of the Day:
Perhaps cats get into boxes because they are, in fact, just like phone booths installed with cat-to-cat communication.
Hello? How’s your day going? Knock any good things off tables?
We got some nasty smelling feet round these parts, you should come visit sometime.
Well, I have been thinking about bolting. Or maybe just standing in the doorway indecisively for an hour.
Sounds fun. Well, gotta go lick my butt now.
~ Gail & AB