My dearest Gentle Reader,
The full title of my forthcoming novella is…
How to Marry a Werewolf
(In 10 Easy Steps)
A Claw & Courtship Novella
Frankly it’s a bit much to get that meta data uploaded into Amazon and places like that. So the (In 10 Easy Steps) part will only appear in the print edition fly page and internal layout of the ebooks.
However, I was rather chuffed with myself because the chapters are laid out as “steps” and not chapters, in line with the “10 Easy Steps.”
Because I am a trixie trixie authorbeast. Wanna see?
- Step 1: Make Yourself Readily Available
- Step 2: Situate Yourself in an Advantageous Location
- Step 3: If You Must Be Bait, Be Very Stylish Bait
- Step 4: Take Every Opportunity To Dance
- Step 5: Become the Social Butterfly He Wants to Catch
- Step 6: Take Your Werewolf into The Garden for an Airing, They Must Be Exercised Regularly
- Step 7: Remember: Either You Are At Dinner or You Are Dinner
- Step 8: Never, Under Any Circumstances, Make a Public Scene
- Step 9: Small Tokens of Your Affection Are Always Welcome
- Step 10: Get Him to the Altar
I do love being clever with my chapter titles. I feel like I am one of nature’s last chapter-wielding authorbeasts.
Meanwhile we are #1 New Release in Steampunk Fiction! Thanks for preordering my darlings!
- Did you miss my this release announcement? New stuff goes to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for April is Robin McKinley’s Beauty. (Discussion here.)
OUT MAY 13, 2018!
Amazon | Kobo | B&N | iBooks | Direct from Gail
How to Marry a Werewolf (In 10 Easy Steps) ~ A Claw & Courtship Novella by Gail Carriger is now awabile (print, audio & other editions will follow). Featuring a certain white wolf we all love to hate (except those of us weirdos who love to love him). Add this book on Goodreads.
Guilty of an indiscretion? Time to marry a werewolf.
Rejected by her family, Faith crosses the Atlantic, looking for a marriage of convenience and revenge. But things are done differently in London. Werewolves are civilized. At least they pretend to be.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
How the New England Vampire Panics Worked
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
The 8 Best Writing Retreats That Won’t Break the Bank
Petting Zoo Rejects says of Soulless:
“I’ve never laughed so hard at such an honest (and, because it’s me, nice) portrayal of an antagonistic relationship making that dangerously precipitous voyage from loathing to love.”
Quote of the Day:
Behind the Magic, Claw & Courtship, HOW TO MARRY A WEREWOLF
I love those chapter titles! They’re so witty and clever! Bravo!
Thank you Rhiannon!
I also love the titles of the chapters of How to Marry a Werewolf.
But shouldn’t your autobiography have the word octopus in the title?