I make no bones about my love of podcasts, Gentle Reader, in fact I have one of my own (20 Minute Delay) all about travel hacks.
One of the things that really helps podcasts (in much the same way that it helps books) is reviews. For Podcasts the best place to put those reviews is on Apple, because they kind of own the ecosystem. (For books, it’s Amazon.) Whether you consume using that platform is kinda irrelevant.
However, it is HARD to review a podcast on Apple! Especially on a desktop.
Well the amazing Kelly recently showed me how much easier it is to do on the phone, so I thought I would also tell you all.
How to Review a Podcast on Apple/iTunes
In 5 Easy Steps
Open the app and get started.
1. Click on the “Search” option at the bottom.
2. Type in the name of the podcast you are looking to review:
For example “20 Minute Delay” click on “search” or the name of the podcast if it came up.
3. Click on the podcast image (AKA it’s card).
4. Scroll to the very bottom to the Ratings & Reviews section.
5. There you can give it a rating and write a review. It’s easy to just do a star rating if that’s all you want to do, but adding a nice few sentences is always better.
And there you have it, one kind way to give back that doesn’t cost money.
- Want free goodies, gossip, & behind the scenes info? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for June is The Tea Master and the Detective by Aliette de Bodard. (Discussion here.) Gail’s review in this blog post.
How to Marry a Werewolf (In 10 Easy Steps) ~ A Claw & Courtship Novella by Gail Carriger features a certain white wolf we all love to hate (except those of us weirdos who love to love him).
Guilty of an indiscretion? Time to marry a werewolf.
Rejected by her family, Faith crosses the Atlantic, looking for a marriage of convenience and revenge. But things are done differently in London. Werewolves are civilized. At least they pretend to be.
“This is a charming novella that works as a stand-alone, although prior experience with Gail Carriger’s steampunk/supernatural world certainly is helpful (and possibly even essential). I love everything about her books, and this piece fits nicely into the world she’s created…”
- Competence ~ Custard Protocol Book 3
Out July 17, 2018.
Third in the Custard Protocol series featuring Primrose, Rue, and all their crazy friends. Available to preorder in digital & hardcover!
- The Omega Objection ~ The San Andreas Shifters Book 2
Coming November 2018.
A werewolf walks into a bar and falls in love with a man who has no smell.
Add this book on Goodreads.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Two concepts every professional author should understand when applied to the publishing industry (both indie and trad) and marketing:
Quote of the Day:
“No one is prepared for a crochet penis.”
~ Drunk Pip on retreat (still true tho)important for authors