Isaac, the main character in my new San Andreas Shifter book, The Omega Objection, is a bartender. Thus the meat cute and various other scenes in this book all occur inside a club named Saucebox, and the bar caters to shifters.
Oh did I have fun creating drinks for different shifter species.
Here’s an example of a few that ended up actually appearing in The Omega Objection.
Omnivore Special. Hot sake mixed with tuna water and wheat grass.
When they aren’t doing shots of high quality garum, they like Pearl of the Sea cocktails. Rum, anchovy syrup, clam juice, finished with a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a pickled onion wrapped in nori for garnish.
And now, I really am hoping you come up with other suggestions!
Yours as always,
- Did you miss my latest release announcement? This stuff goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for November is The Omega Objection). (Discussion here.)
Isaac Mercer has three problems – a werewolf, a stalker, and a secret past.
- The 5th Gender (a tinkered stars sci-fi under the G. L. Carriger pen name). No links as yet, wait for it…
- Secret Project Ommm, coming October 2019 to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Soulless.
- Need to know more about what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
“Accidental Wes Anderson” Finds Immaculate Composition In Everyday Life
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before tweets…
“To All The Boys Tweets I Liked
To All the Gays I’ve Never Killed in My Books
~ Malinda Lo
“To All The Boys Who Have A Three Part Question, Well Really It’s More Of A Comment”
~ rachel syme
“To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before But They Had No Idea Because My Idea of Flirting Is Debating Them About Politics and Giving Them Book Recommendations.”
“If I wrote a memoir about moving with my library, it would be called To Haul the Books I’ve Loved Before.”
“to all the boys i’ve loved before:
i date girls now.”
~ Chelsea Nachman
To all the boys who list Fight Cub as “favorite movie” and Vonnegut as “favorite author.” Sigh.
But seriously folks, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before is on Netflix and it’s adorable.behind the scenes, DVD extras, gail carriger, glcarriger, parasolverse, san andreas shifters