So, before I left for NY, I revealed the cover for Prudence.
|Sales Conference in NY presenting said cover|
This generated gratifying excitement and no few questions around the social medias. Here I answer six of the more pressing...
- Does the (really soon!) release date [March 17, 2015] affect the release of the last Finishing School book? No. Which means I have two books out in 2015, one Spring and one Fall. And because there seems to be no little confusion on this matter, there are TWO MORE Finishing School books. Two. 2 Tooooooo. Waistcoats & Weaponry this year, and Manners & Mutiny in 2015 along with Prudence.
- When will Prudence be available for pre-order? I don't know. We don't yet have the cover blurb so it has to wait on that. I will do a full blog post on the subject when I have this information.
- How may books will this series be? I am under contract for two, I'd like to write more but, frankly, it will depend on how well/badly the first one sells.
- Why Custard Protocol and not something more alliterative? That's too long and too boring a story. In the end, I like the word protocol and I like eating custard. P.S. Finishing School wasn't alliterative.
- Out of curiosity, while I appreciate the need for different series names, is there a standard name for the 'universe' that these books take place in? No, but there should be. I keep thinking that myself, and then getting distracted by other things. How about Tealand? Gail's World? Jay suggested Akeldamaverse on Facebook. I am open to suggestions.
- Was the intention with the pink coloring to match Soulless [and Etiquette & Espionage]? Or is it just a happy accident? Very little, with cover art, is not done with intent. Since I am in house (my two publishers Orbit and Little Brown Young Readers share a building and an umbrella company, Hachette) my cover designers are often plotting for the pinker good.
GAIL'S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
|From my personal collection|
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
|Tea with LBYR in NY, aren't the cups adorable?|
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
|Kenneth Cobonpue's rickshaw for a modern passenger.|
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
PROJECT ROUND UP
Curtsies & Conspiracies ~ The Finishing School Book the Second. Out now!
Soulless Vol. 3 (AKA Blameless the manga) ~ Out now!
Manners & Mutiny ~ The Finishing School Book the Last. Working rough draft.
Prudence ~ Custard Protocol Book the First: Delayed. Why? Rewrite begins soon.
Fantasy Literature says of Etiquette & Espionage, “A steampunk/paranormal blend that’s targeted to young adults but will be enjoyed by adults as well.”
Quote of the Day:
“Why do boys say someone acts like a girl as if it were an insult?”
~ Tamora Pierce, In the Hand of the Goddess