Here, Gentle Reader, is the video version of the recent Facebook Live Q&A that I did to celebrate Romancing the Werewolf.
Romancing the Werewolf Launch Video!
In which I am bad at trivia, but good at giving hints about future projects!
I start off discussing how Romancing the Werewolf came to be, planned and unplanned elements and a bit about finding the cover art photo.
Then I address my philosophy on making characters happy, and why I love curmudgeons so much.
Video Notes, Extras & Links
Questions stemming from Romancing the Werewolf:
- Yes! You can now get it in print!
- More Alessandro & Lyall backstory?
- More Lyall in Egypt?
- Is Conall cured of Alpha’s Curse?
- More Channing? Will we learn his backstory? More of the London Pack? Yes. How to Marry a Werewolf is coming soon.
All Things Parasolverse:
- More Wicker Chicken? Akeldama? Ivy hive? Nadasdy? Lord A’s cat?
- In world chronology of all Parasolverse books.
- Fantasy casting? Soulless & Prudence
- Pinterest boards for all fantasy casting & character inspiration.
- Teaching guide for The Finishing School series.
- More Finishing School books? Adult spin off novella line = Delightfully Deadly
Writing & Authorbeast Notions:
- Why I leave things intentional ambiguous on occasion.
- Why I think mortality is more romantic that immortality.
- How and why I choose settings and locations.
- Moving from archaeology to writing. Check out recent excellent podcast interview with the Anthropologist on the Street for in depth on my two careers.
Miscellaneous Important Stuff:
- FYI I consult the Parasol Protectorate Facebook Group with questions and for help a lot. So if you want to be a de facto contributor, join that group.
- Like listening to me talk? I have a podcast about travel! 20 Minute Delay
- Will I be traveling near you? Check the events page or join the Chirrup.
Coop de Book: Gail’s monthly read along for November is Romancing the Werewolf.
BOOK DE JOUR!
Romancing the Werewolf
Gay. Victorian. Werewolves.
Biffy, newly minted Alpha of the London Pack, is not having a good Christmas. His Beta abandoned him. His werewolves object to his curtain choices. And someone keeps leaving human babies on his doorstep.
The Hedgehog Librarian says of Romancing the Werewolf:
“Carriger brings these characters together again in a love story both between them and between her readers and her. This is not a story to jump into without the background; characters are referenced in a natural way but it assumes that you understand her already built world. For those already familiar, as Lyall does, we are coming home.”
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
Find my books
Here’s a printable Downloadable Checklist of ALL my books!
Did you miss my latest release?
Want more sneak peeks, free goodies, gossip, behind the scenes info?
This goes to my Chirrup members, because I love them bestest. Sign up here: