Hello Gentle Watcher,
here is my latest Facebook Live!
In this Live:
Gail tells a story about teacups and shows off her new acquisitions. Gail is drinking Twinings 1706 strong tea with milk out of her new teacup.
Gail answers the following questions about How to Marry a Werewolf:
- Will we learn about Channing’s family?
- Is it better for the author to pre-order or just buy right after release? More on this answered in #4 of this blog post.
- Will there be more about the London Pack?
Why write about Channing? The answer to that in this blog post!
Gail didn’t get to answer a question about whether there was explicit sex or not in this book. Answer:
Sex style is about on the level with Soulless.
Gail also never got to a question about writing an American for a change.
It was challenging! She had to have a couple editors help her to make certain Faith sounded American. (Although at the time Boston high society tried to be as British as possible, so Faith probably wouldn’t have sounded all that different.)
Why LBGTQ Characters: Gail answers in the video but here’s further reading:
- Queering-Up Genre One Akeldama at a Time ~ Why Gail Carriger Writes LGBT Characters
- Behind Romancing the Inventor: Blame Mercedes Lackey
Floote: How did his character develop? Did Gail know what would happen with him from the start?
Aggie: Timeline, how does she fit in with Lefoux, more about her as a person?
Dimity: Where did she come from?
Pillover & Felix: Will they reappear?
Lord Maccon: Where did he come from?
Sophronia & Soap: More?
Business of Writing?
Focusing on Indie: What does the future of publishing look like to Gail?
Difference between writing adult and YA for traditional publishers and why Gail chooses one over another.
Print editions and scammers and why it’s such a hassle.
Some advice for aspiring authors. More resources with tips here.
THREE NOVELLA LINES
Blog post explaining why Gail chose 3 separate novella lines to come, meanwhile here they are:
- Delightfully Deadly: Stand alone romances set in Gail’s Parasolverse full of manners, spies, and supernatural creatures taking tea. This series follows the exploits of the highly trained and dangerous graduates of Mademoiselle Geraldine’s.
- Supernatural Society: Queer romances and super niche fan service stories. Contains a great deal of shockingly forward flirtation between members of the same sex, between supernaturals of different species, and even between high society and the lower orders (gasp).
- Claw & Courtship: Stand alone romances set in Gail’s Parasolverse full of werewolves in cravats and the women who love them (both the werewolves and their cravats). The London Pack finds love at last.
Other Stuff in the Video
Has Gail any plans for other non Parasolverse universes and stories?
Does Gail like Outlander?
Gail’s YouTube channel.
WorldCon’s LBGTQ Initiative.
What is Gail reading RIGHT NOW?
I just find this story very comforting. I keep rereading it because it makes me so happy. It’s set in Perth and it’s basically a coming out story. It’s a train-set meet cute. Jay is delicious, flamboyant, and dramatic (if you like Lord Akeldama you’ll love Jay) and Liam is such a sweetheart. A big warm hug of a book.
- Did you miss my latest release? New stuff goes to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Coop de Book for April is Robin McKinley’s Beauty. (Discussion here.)
OUT MAY 13, 2018!
How to Marry a Werewolf (In 10 Easy Steps) ~ A Claw & Courtship Novella by Gail Carriger is now awabile (print, audio & other editions will follow). Featuring a certain white wolf we all love to hate (except those of us weirdos who love to love him). Add this book on Goodreads.
Guilty of an indiscretion? Time to marry a werewolf.
Rejected by her family, Faith crosses the Atlantic, looking for a marriage of convenience and revenge. But things are done differently in London. Werewolves are civilized. At least they pretend to be.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
COMPETENCE, HOW TO MARRY A WEREWOLF, Video