Did you know you can get your local library or school or university library to get my books? ANY of my books? Even the digital versions?
I love the library and I adore librarians, I know there are a handful of you lovelies out there reading this blog. *waves*
I pretty much grew up in my local tiny library and because it was so small I learned pretty quickly to request books. Well, you can do that with new books, print books AND these days electronic books too through a handy dandy thing called Overdrive (also Bibliotheca).
I want anyone who needs the comfort food of my books to be able to get ahold of them.
You can help me spread the love.
You see an actual request from a library card-carrying patron has an immense impact on library stock. In fact, there is pretty much NOTHING I can do to get my books into libraries if you don’t ask for them, especially my independent stuff like the Parasolverse novellas and the San Andreas Shifter series.
Even if I donate books, if they haven’t been requested, the library usually just sells them, without even bothering to put them into their collection.*
How to request your library carry my books…
On your library’s website (or in person) there is usually a form where you can request a book be purchased.
The link could be called anything from “suggest a title” to “ask us to purchase.”
Request the digital version?
Hopefully your library is connected to OverDrive…
- Log in to your library’s OverDrive site. Use your library card number and pin.
- Search for the book by title.
- Add titles you can recommend.
- Hover over the cover, Recommend
- You can choose either to be notified or to be placed on hold & enter your email addy.
- Recommend this title.
It’s pretty self explanatory but a librarian can guide you through it.
You can do this for all of my books and for books from many other authors you love. Mine are also available for Bibliotheca, but I am not familiar with the step-by-step process.
I work hard to make certain everything I can make available to libraries, is made available. So please, spread the love!
In case you didn’t know or haven’t been able to read them. Here’s my independently produced books that are less likely to be readily available at your library. But you can request them!
- How To Marry A Werewolf (Channing’s novella) 9781944751142
- Poison or Protect (Preshea’s novella) 9781944751043
- Romancing the Werewolf (Biffy & Lyall’s novella) 9781944751104
- Romancing the Inventor (Genevieve Lefoux’s novella) 9781944751067
- The Sumage Solution 9781944751081
Also if you want to teach with the Finishing School books, there are FREE downloads to help on my website:
So there it is, I hope this post has been helpful. A remember it doesn’t have to just be my books.
Yours (in the library),
Want more on libraries from the author perspective?
- Did you miss my latest gossip? Chirrup members get the skinny, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
- Coop de Book for September is The Gate to Women’s Country by Sheri S. Tepper. (Discussion here.)
OUT IN SEPTEMBER!
All books in the first print run of 10,000 are SIGNED.
If you want it dedicated or are paranoid about ensuring it’s signed,
you can order it via Borderlands Books using the SIGNED button on my website.
Borderlands Books will ship to you.
Order using the SIGNED button on my website.
- The Omega Objection ~ The San Andreas Shifters Book 2
Coming November 2018
A werewolf walks into a bar and falls in love with a man who has no smell.
Add this book on Goodreads.
- Need to know what Gail is writing right now? That’s in the Chirrup.
GAIL’S DAILY DOSE
Your Moment of Parasol . . .
Your Infusion of Cute . . .
Your Tisane of Smart . . .
Your Writerly Tinctures . . .
Quote of the Day:
“How did we go from tea to death so quickly?”
~ Gail Carriger, Prudenceimportant for authors