Gentle Reader, here’s a small sample of things relating to you lovelies that I really enjoyed last year!
- Teaching the Heroine’s Journey for Writers. I forgot what a delight it is to teach a subject I love to students who are genuinely interested. I’ll never get over the sensation of watching students’ eyes shine when they have their ah-ha moments. It’s a wonderful feeling.
- Learning about your weird, unique, or unusual Thanksgiving and holiday traditions (and foods). Mine mostly involved crab.
- Bookriot’s multiple posts on girls who dress as boys, reminded me I have a fun blog post on the subject.
- You all posting photos of purple things, cocktails, dresses, flowers, you name it in honor of The 5th Gender‘s Release. Yeah purple!
- Reddit’s Favorite Mindblowing Facts of All Time, Fact-Checked
- This story about a cat stuck in a garbage disposal (cat is fine, story made me cry with laughter). Honestly it’s worth the five minutes it takes to read.
- All your support and condolences when I lost my beloved little convertible. Te AB and I are trying to be a one car household for a bit, it’s going… okaaay.
- Working my way through Midsomer Murders. Increasing amused by the absurd plots (bird watchers of doooom). Also having a grand time spotting familiar faces from various BBC costume dramas. When I posted about this on Facebook, it occasioned a huge and truly hilarious discussion with you lot.
- Everyone getting so excited about Fan Service that it sold out completely in less than 2 weeks!
- Scanning all my old fan mail before moving offices and reliving the glory days after Soulless first came out.
Yours, surrounded by awesome peeps,
- If you want these kinds of occurrences as they happen to me, I talk about ’em to my Chirrup members first, because I love them bestest. Sign up here.
- Not into newsletters? Get only new releases by following Gail on Amazon or BookBub!
BOOK DE JOUR?
Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident featuring Alexia & Conall’s first encounter!
In this short story Alexia Tarabotti attends what seems to be a dull London party, until the new werewolf Alpha turns up, is unconscionably rude to her, and sits on a hedgehog.
Gail’s Daily Tea Party
Tisane of Nifty
Bonus: Fans introduced me to Sunken Treasure Jewels at Gaslight Steam Expo.
“Libraries are reservoirs of strength, grace and wit, reminders of order, calm and continuity, lakes of mental energy, neither warm nor cold, light nor dark.”
~ Germaine Greer
Quote to Sip
“If you’re not pissing someone off, you’re probably in PR.”
~ Borderlands Books, Overheard in the StoreTags: Event